Job Title: Lead Data Engineer, Enterprise Data and Technology
Job Location: Hershey, PA
- This position is open to fully remote
The Enterprise Data organization drives value for Hershey by providing high-quality, well governed data to the Enterprise for analytics and decision-making. Working with technical product owners and business stakeholders in the commercial domain, the incumbent will ensure their data solutions meet expectations and requirements. The Data Engineering team will execute the data strategy to deliver cloud-based intelligent systems to collect, distribute, model, and analyze disparate and diverse data assets to automate insights and drive business performance.
- Designs and implements data pipelines to transform source data into target data models. Ensures the pipeline is validated, consistent, and performant with internal standards.
- Drives end-to-end data and analytic solutions through accurate requirements development and focused execution.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure automated data pipelines are secured and optimized for scaling transformations.
- Ensures relevant data and analytics are available to meet business needs by continuously wrangling, consolidating, and modernizing existing data solutions and platforms.
- Evolves the systems and capabilities that drive transformational analytics and enterprise-wide solutions and transforms data assets into business-driven solutions.
- Engages with project teams to: understand a project’s needs/requirements, provide technical expertise with data and analytical tools (including legacy and cloud), and to deliver on project goals and timelines.
- Strategic thinker with holistic vision. Identify existing manual processes and proposing automation solutions to drive key business performance.
- Leads the operational activities of data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management post go-live.
Bachelor’s degree with quantitative, STEM focus (e.g. Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology - other degrees will be considered).
- 3+ years of experience in data management, ingesting new data and transforming/integrating data.
- 3+ years of experience with scripting and programming languages; SQL, Python/PySpark/Scala preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience related to data engineering and analytics, including:
- Microsoft Azure (ADF, ADLS Gen 2, DevOps)
- Apache Hadoop, Spark, or Hive
- Relational databases (Teradata, Snowflake, or SQL Server)
- Data ETL/ELT (Informatica, Talend or Matillion)
- 3+ years of experience with public and private cloud solutions, including building and maintaining a data ecosystem; Azure preferred
- 1+ years of Personally identifiable information (PII) experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in mapping data sources, documenting interfaces and data movement providing lineage.
- Experience with large data sets (Terabytes in size) and the techniques required to handle, store, and process.
- Experience working with business owners to define and deliver key performance indicators within data and analytical solutions.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans