Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA has an immediate need for a Data Scientist. This position is with the Surety Programs Group (SPG) which supports government and private sector organizations ensuring the security, safety, and reliability of high consequence operations. SPG’s philosophy is to help our clients understand and mitigate mission risks spanning physical, cyber, and human domains. The Data Scientist will work as part of a cross-functional team responsible for systematically evaluating client threats, vulnerabilities, performance, and cost-risk trades.
The Data Scientist will support and/or lead multiple concurrent analytical efforts in support of internal and external clients. They will also ensure technical quality of products delivered to internal and external clients and understand and meet current customer needs while also developing new capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Skilled in designing and developing database systems using SQL Server, Access, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with software tools such as Tableau, R, pandas, MATLAB, etc.
- Familiar with computer programming languages such as VBA, Python, etc.
- U.S. citizen with ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience providing analytic support to the Department of Defense, Department of Energy, or Department of Homeland Security
- Experience developing analytical tools and applications
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance