Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy - we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
As a senior data engineer on the Homebase data platform team, you will be responsible for building customer-facing data products in partnership with our data science and product teams. This is a unique opportunity where your data engineering output will be the end product and not just an internal resource. Our customers are businesses operating in the single family home market and our goal is to provide them with the highest quality data to inform underwriting, leasing, vendor management and more. We’re a small team dedicated to quality engineering and are looking for a founding team member to help us build our first products and establish best practices.
As a senior data engineer, you will:
- Architect durable data models with intuitive representations of residential real estate
- Design graceful and reliable workflows to generate data assets
- Inform the overall architecture of our data platform
- Establish standards and best practices for data engineering
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years experience working in data engineering or software engineering
- Expertise in data modeling and computational data engineering
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and Spark
- Experience scheduling and operating batch data processing workflows
Bonus points if you have worked in:
- PySpark with Databricks
- Geospatial data processing
- Airflow, Prefect, Dagster, or a similar orchestration system
- Real estate or financial services
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.