Sia Partners is a next generation consulting firm focused on delivering superior value and tangible results to its clients as they navigate the digital revolution. With over 1,650 consultants in 16 countries, we will generate an annual turnover of USD 300 million for the current fiscal year. Our global footprint and our expertise in more than 30 sectors and services allow us to enhance our clients' businesses worldwide. We guide their projects and initiatives in strategy, business transformation, IT & digital strategy, and Data Science. As the pioneer of Consulting 4.0, we develop consulting bots and integrate AI in our solutions.
Sia Partners is looking for a talented Data Engineer to support our activities within the Data Science Business Unit. You will be working alongside with our Data Science consultants and our clients on Data Engineering topics, including creating relevant data models, developing powerful data pipelines, exposing them through various mechanisms including APIs, and using data visualization tools to efficiently present data.
You will also support our Heka team which is our internal accelerator for Data Science projects which includes a development framework, an automated integration & continuous deployment service (CI/CD), and a hosting & monitoring service for each project’s platform. Within the Heka team, you will actively contribute to the technological, architectural and governance choices to meet the future challenges of scale-up.
- Partner with our client’s leadership teams, engineers, program managers and data analysts to understand data needs.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines transforming data into useful report ready datasets.
- Communicate at scale, through multiple mediums: presentations, dashboards, client-wide datasets, bots and more.
- Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing,’ identifying and addressing data gaps, build monitors to detect data quality issues and partner to establish a self-serve environment.
- Broad range of partners equates to a broad range of projects and deliverables, including ML Models, datasets, measurements, services, tools and process.
- Leverage data and business principles to automate data flow, detect business exceptions, build diagnostic capabilities, and improve both business and data knowledge base.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas.
- At least 5+ years of advanced SQL experience (including at least one SQL DBMS and one noSQL).
- 4+ years of Python development experience.
- 3+ years of experience with workflow management engines (i.e. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M).
- 3+ years experience with Data Modeling.
- Experience analyzing data to discover opportunities and address gaps.
- 5+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience working with cloud or on-prem Big Data/MPP analytics platform (i.e. Netezza, Teradata, AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, or similar).
- BSc/BA in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering.
Preferred Experience with:
- Experience with more than one coding language.
- Knowledge of Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in designing and implementing real-time pipelines.
- Experience with data quality and validation.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and e2e process optimization.
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection.
- Experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow.
- Experience querying massive datasets, using Spark, Presto, Hive, Impala, etc.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that serves some of the most exciting and highly respected companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to provide clients with original thinking and customized solutions and you’ll often have the satisfaction of seeing the impact of your work on their business. We are committed to a healthy work-life integration.
- Generous PTO, including Parental leave
- Healthcare that includes dental and vision, life insurance and 401K matching
- Career advocacy program that supports achieving personal development goals through coaching, collaboration and real-time feedback
- Robust learning and development platform through the Sia Institute, 360 Learning App, Sia Blend App, working groups, US Training Sessions, and reimbursement for continuing education and certifications
- Women at Sia Club
- Annual Seminar/a value add experience to network with your colleagues across North America and other regions
- Opportunities for geographic mobility if desired
- Work directly with clients
Still Interested? Tell Us About Your…
- Academic successes
- Consulting / Agency experience
- Data supported success stories
- Growth from failure
- Tools and training
- Cross-functional experience
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) are part of Sia Partners’ DNA. Thanks to our expertise in several sectors and our international growth, our teams include a variety of experiences and cultures. We’re confident that promoting DEIB creates an environment in which everyone can reach their full potential.
Our global network, DEIB@Sia Partners, brings together our people worldwide to facilitate local and global progress, focused on the following areas:
- Gender equality (global Gender Equality Index score of 91/100 for FY19-20)
- Race & Ethnicity
- Working Parents
To learn more about Sia Partners, please visit: https://www.sia-partners.com/en/work-with-us
Sia Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, remuneration, or discipline, are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs.