Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business. At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
As part of Xbox Product Services (XPS), Xbox Community (XBC) supports the growth and happiness of our broader gaming community, including ensuring the safety and security all our members. We provide thought leadership and execute on growing a truly inclusive community wherever people play games.
The Experiences Optimization and Insights (eXOI) team within the Xbox Community (XBC) team is looking for talented Data Engineers who are excited about redefining what it means to do Data Engineering with terabytes of gaming, content and graph data generated every day.
The eXOI team uncovers actionable insights from the large-scale data and informs/drives both strategic and operational business decisions. Data Engineers work alongside with Product Analysts and Data Scientists to identify new growth opportunities through graph analyses, observational analyses, trend analyses, algorithm development, and new optimization and measurement strategies. We also implement KPIs to track the impact of XBC new social products.
Xbox has very large and complex datasets. As a Data Engineer you will build datasets and make them accessible by writing great production code to simplify the complexity. Your work will enable senior leadership team, Product Managers and other decision-makers across Xbox to bring together insights and inform our product and strategy. In every decision that you influence, you will see the product improve and be more valuable to Xbox players.
Design, develop, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across platforms including data warehouse and online caches, and to provide intuitive analytics to stakeholders.
- Make large-scale and complex data more discoverable and easier to use for Data Scientists and Analysts within XBC, or across Xbox.
- Collaborate with other engineers and Data Scientists to discover the best solutions to operationalize insights and algorithms.
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Data Engineers across the company.
- Improve data quality by using & improving tools to automatically detect issues.
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing or deploying large-scale and high-performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and query authoring, 3+ years of SQL experience.
- 3+ C#/Python development experience
- 3+ years of experience with Data Modeling.
- Broad knowledge of the data infrastructure ecosystem.
- Prior experience with Graph DB a plus.
- Prior experience with cloud-based/distributed data infrastructure a plus.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms and having hands-on experience in machine learning pipeline development is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.