Bunge has an exciting opportunity available for a Data Scientist. In this role you will be part of a global team working on challenging, meaningful projects impacting core business activities.
Since 1818, Bunge has been connecting farmers to consumers to deliver essential food, feed, and fuel to the world. Looking to the future, our ambition is to continuously reinvent ourselves, leveraging data to be at the forefront of analytics, technology and talent to accomplish our purpose in a better, faster and simpler way. Bunge is committed to operating and thriving in the digital world – creating world class agile teams where teammates are empowered and encouraged to collaborate and test and learn to succeed.
At Bunge, people don’t just come here to work, they come here to grow – solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values:
- Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect
- Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
- Do What's Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
The Data Scientist applies strong expertise in machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype, and build next generation advanced analytics engine and services. The data scientist collaborates with translators to define technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; develops efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions
- Design, create, test and implement complex models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions throughout the organization
- Conduct advanced statistical and other analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance.
- Collaborate with translators and understands business problems to implement scalable and sustainable solutions
- Coordinate with MIS, Digital Specialists, and Data Engineers to deliver holistic analytical solutions
- Support translators in communicating the design, functioning and output of the analytical models/solutions developed
- Ensure timely analysis and testing for regular maintenance of solutions over time
- MS/PhD(Computer Science or Electronics), or MS in Computer Applications, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics or related technical discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience in a statistical and/or data science / business intelligence role
- Should have experience in machine learning, statistics, optimization or related fields; deeper experience in working with large data sets, simulation/ optimization or distributed computing tools is a plus
- Experience with programming is required; specific experience in R or Python is a plus
- Experience of working with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop,
- Hive, Spark, etc.) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Openness to working in Agile environments with multiple stakeholders
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner to business needs and translate them into potential analytics solutions
- Strong work ethic; ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable and effective workplace Attitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Open minded to new approaches of learning
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 23,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.