When it comes to using cutting-edge machine learning to tackle complex problems, Lockheed Martin is driven by a singular mission focus and desire to continuously innovate. Today’s challenges to global security aren’t just changing – they’re accelerating faster than ever before. Through our dedication to our mission, our AI-enabled systems are changing the way militaries operate and protect their forces, the way first responders fight fires, and how researchers explore the far reaches of space and the ocean’s depths.
The Lockheed Martin Artificial Intelligence Center (LAIC) team is seeking a high energy individual with a strong working knowledge in software engineering, artificial intelligence and machine learning to support the Applied AI team and product portfolio, focusing on a broad range of projects across the LAIC. The team is focused on exploiting small, innovative and agile teams to rapidly iterate and mature solutions from prototypes to deployment for utilization across the Lockheed Martin enterprise and in the field for our customers.
The selected candidate will focus on the development of technologies and products that leverage Artificial Intelligence to provide discriminating capability to our customers. This will require engagement in every phase of the system development lifecycle including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration, and flight test. Activities will range from low TRL research, proof of concepts, development of prototypes, building demonstrators, and transition to production. The selected candidate can expect to utilize current AI paradigms including computer vision, deep learning, and reinforcement learning, applying these techniques to solve complex problems and field innovative solutions.
Must exhibit self-motivation, a strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills.
There is a strong preference for the selected candidate to be based in Shelton, Connecticut with the core team. However, the selected candidate can potentially work at any major Lockheed Martin facility or remotely.
Must be a US Citizen.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience. Entry level.
- Experience using machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.)
- Experience with Python and multiple libraries (NumPy, OpenCV, Scikit, Pandas, etc.)
- Experience with C++, Java, GO, and other compiled languages
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience developing applications on Linux
- Familiarity with DevOps tools: Docker, Git [GitLab, GitHub], Continuous Integration [CI], Continuous Deployment [CD]
- Familiarity with modern Computer Vision
- Familiarity with high-performance computing
- Familiarity with network/messaging (UDP, ZeroMQ, RESTful API, etc.)
- Familiarity interfacing with databases (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Familiarity RF signal processing
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL: