Requisition ID: 272702
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Telework Type: Part-Time Telework
- Work Location: Knoxville, TN
- Requisition Posting End Date: 11/14/2023
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customer’s objectives to create a lasting positive impact. We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; Mining and Metals; and Manufacturing and Technology markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations.
Core to Bechtel are our values-ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants-integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers expect, and how we deliver.Position Overview
The Data Analyst & Reporting Specialist role is responsible for data analysis and reporting in support of the Engineering function across the NS&E global business unit. This position has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, and coordinating activities based upon Engineering requirements. This involves identifying, developing, documenting, and implementing technical innovations that add value and improve work processes.
- The Data Analyst & Reporting Specialist position reports directly to the NS&E Engineering Automation Assistant Manager.
- The role will be based in Knoxville, TN.
- Design, deploy, manage, and support the systems and infrastructure required for a data processing pipeline in support of Engineering reporting requirements.
- Assist engineering automation staff eliciting requirements to support information management, data validation and data ownership work activities.
- Implement ETL (extract, transform and load) pipelines, while monitoring/maintaining data pipeline performance and reliability.
- Plan, design, and monitor key characteristics of the analytics platform to help ensure that it complies with Engineering enterprise standards and that it performs adequately as additional analytics solutions are implemented.
- Lead the development a structured dashboard control and navigation approach to unify multiple projects and enterprise reporting needs to allow project stakeholders to easily find and use dashboards to support their work.
- Engage with Engineering Automation Leads to ensure the deployment, reliability and availability of the reporting automation tools.
- Coordinate with Project Controls, Procurement and Construction on the development of data packages to ensure the fidelity of reporting detail.
- Design Architecture diagrams that will help the team and integration partners to understand solution and vision.
- Deploy, administer, and maintain SharePoint sites, applications and solutions as required.
- Provide SharePoint support to users and stakeholders including: content mangers, portal owners, and application support teams.
- Level 1: Computer Science or Engineering related BS (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Nuclear) degree at a US accredited institution with 1 year of related experience or AA/AS degree with 3 years of related experience; or in lieu of education a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 7 years related design experience.
- Level 2: Computer Science or Engineering related BS (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Nuclear) degree at a US accredited institution with 3 years of related experience or AA/AS degree with 5 years of related experience; or in lieu of education a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 9 years related design experience.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must be authorized to live and work in the US without sponsorship.
- Advanced experience in preparation of dashboards (Power BI) and reporting (SSRS)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of extracting, transforming, and loading information from databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL).
- Knowledge in performing quantity takeoffs and statistical analysis
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and meet schedules
- Extensive experience working with users and management regarding data integration and software solutions
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Acquainted with SharePoint site deployment
Shaping tomorrow together
- Demonstrated experience in project controls on an EPC job
- Knowledge of DAX (Data Analysis Expression) is valued
- Advanced knowledge of SharePoint administration
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management
- Previous Bechtel and/or DOD or DOE project experience
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bechtel employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or show proof of a negative test result prior to accessing Bechtel sites/facilities to the extent required by applicable law or by customer requirements.