Phorest powers over 8,000 hair and beauty salons using our software across the globe. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company.
We are growing fast and hiring for a new position in our Business Performance team. The Business Performance team works with business stakeholders across the business to ensure we meet our financial targets now and in the future. You will partner with key departments across the business to provide the right insights, analytics and dashboards to support Phorest’s ambitious growth. You will be a key member of a multidisciplinary team - designing, analysing and scaling the future of our multi-tenant SaaS platform.
You will be responsible for giving the right intelligence on how key areas of the business are performing, identifying trends through analytics and creating clear reporting dashboards. You will provide insights into this data and give recommendations of what course of action should be taken based on your findings.
What you will do
- Analyse and report on various parts of our business, identifying areas of concern and improvements
- Apply sophisticated, cutting-edge statistical techniques to data sets in the course of predictive modelling and various analytical projects
- Carry out predictive modelling and other analyses to solve business problems
- Clean and prepare data for analyses
- Collaborate with other advanced analytics team members to share best practices in predictive modelling and build the advanced analytics community
- Build the required dashes and reporting based on data in the system and then build solutions, so the business can take early decisions on emerging trends
- Work across multiple teams and demands, understanding how data and reports will be used by different teams, taking the time to understand the challenges and needs of the different teams
- Synthesise data from a variety of databases and provide clear actionable recommendations to key business leads and leadership. Essentially, perform as an “analytics translator” to tell a story about the data
- Develop an understanding of the various end-users of these reports and ensure that they are suitable
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive solutions
- Have a Degree, Masters or PhD in a relevant field
- Strong SQL and database knowledge
- Data visualisation experience - Tableau, Looker or Periscope Data
- Experience with data warehousing and big datasets
- Are pragmatic - you will have the drive and pragmatism to balance the delivery of short-term outcomes while planning for longer-term solutions
- Have an ‘always learning’ mindset, really trying to deeply understand and learn the business while helping the business to make data-based decisions
- Have a proven ability to perform data-driven analyses including problem statement, data discovery, and result communication
- Excellent presenter and communicator. You are comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users
Your wellbeing is important to us - we provide private healthcare, an employee assistance program and a free online GP service (WebDoc).
As part of our Financial Wellbeing, we provide competitive Compensation, an Employee Share Purchase Scheme, Pension, Life Assurance, and Income Protection.
We help you travel by providing a bike to work scheme as well as tax saver transport tickets.
We care for your family and provide Enhanced Maternity and Paternity benefits.
We grow our own timber! We provide a great learning environment including an extensive onboarding program.
Career development is important to us. We even have our own in-house Learning and Development/Business coach and many online resources including LinkedIn learning.
We don’t believe in formal dress codes. We prefer things casual.
Want to learn more about Phorest? Check out nothingventured.rocks for our blog and Insights on building an evergreen company from the team here at Phorest.
Phorest is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, flexi-time and working from home is possible. We are also open to remote work. Get in touch to ask for more information or to chat about your future with Phorest!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.