Job Number: R0156365
Data ScientistThe Opportunity:
As a data scientist, you’re excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set, and you’re fascinated by the possibilities presented by IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can help turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors, from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence, we need you to help find the answers in the data.
On our team, you’ll use your analytical skills and data science knowledge to create real-world impact. You’ll work closely with your clients to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environments to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop algorithms and systems and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn sets of disparate data points into objective answers to help clients make informed decisions. Ultimately, you’ll provide a deep understanding of the data, what it all means, and how it can be used. This position is a hybrid role with a combination of working at a Booz Allen office or client site and working remotely.
Work with us as we use data science for good.
Join us. The world can’t wait.You Have:
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with data exploration, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization, or data mining
- 2+ years of experience with statistical and general-purpose programming languages for data analysis
- Experience with web technologies, ideally Node.js
- Experience analyzing structured and unstructured data sources
- Experience developing predictive data models, quantitative analyses, and visualization of targeted data sources
- Knowledge of analytics and visualization tools, including Tableau, Power BI, or R Shiny
- Ability to navigate a complex matrix environment and manage competing priorities
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in the development of algorithms leveraging R, Python, or SQL and NoSQL
- 2+ years of experience with Distributed data and computing tools, including MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning, AI or NLP
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge of text mining or machine learning techniques
- Ability to comprehend stakeholder needs effectively, communicate development plans, and track progress milestones
- Possession of excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Possession of excellent critical thinking skills to assess numbers, trends, and data to reach new conclusions based on findings
- Possession of excellent quantitative skills, including statistical analysis, process design, and data management
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.Compensation:
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
The salary for this position will be determined based on various factors. The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 65,000 to 75,000.Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.