Caban Systems is looking for a passionate engineer, capable of architecting and helping to build out our cloud service platform. This is a critical role, you'll need to have a strong technical background, work independently as well as have excellent communication skills.
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things from scratch but we believe a few good people can make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Architect, scale and migrate databases, data warehouse, and data lakes
- Evaluate the trade-offs of different solutions to maximize performance and time-to-market
- Work closely with AWS Cloud Services: S3, IAM, Lambda, EC2, IoT Core, Athena, Glue
- Work with end-users to determine and document requirements
- Create reliable, secure, and scalable data APIs
- Deliver high quality, well-written code that is easily supported and maintainable
- Experience with building microservices, distributed and event-driven systems
- Build out scalable data pipelines and integrating with IoT devices
- Ability to self-manage timelines and communicate progress to the rest of the team
- B.S. degree with 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g, Python, Bash, Make, SQL
- Experience with postgres and
- Experience using Git, JIRA, Docker, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- Familiarity with backend web applications: Flask, Django, and serverless framework
- Working with Git, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), and in Agile development processes
- Experience interfacing with IoT cloud-based devices
- Writing excellent quality code that's testable and well documented