Posting # 885319
Position: Senior Business Process & Data Analyst
Department UHN Data & Analytics
Reports to: Program Manager, UHN Business Intelligence & Automation Program
Site: UHN Hospital Locations
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $72,805 - $91,000 (based on experience and competencies)
UHN is a major landmark in Canada’s health care system with four hospitals, five research institutes, and our Michener Institute of Education. Our purpose is to transform lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery, and learning. With over 1,200 beds, more than one million clinic visits per year, and a budget of over $2 billion, UHN and its 16,000 employees make a difference in the lives of patients and their families every day.
For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca.
UHN Data & Analytics supports UHN’s growing demand for data, data-driven insights and helps TeamUHN ensure the needs of the patients come first. Our collective goal is to better see, understand and use data to help UHN become a data-driven organization, which will help us achieve UHN’s strategic goals and ultimately advance care, research and education. UHN Data & Analytics supports UHN in data-driven decisions, data literacy, performance improvement, data governance, analytics, and automation as well as advances these capabilities through collaboration across the organization.
The UHN Business Intelligence (BI) & Automation Program, with the partnership of UHN Digital, seeks to improve UHN’s understanding of its data as a competitive differentiator, and enable UHN to become a data-driven and insight-enabled learning health system that effectively manages and drives value from its data assets.
The Program is responsible for the BI and Automation roadmap including enterprise dashboard development enabling UHN to develop advanced analytical capabilities that inform and support its strategic pursuits in care, discovery, and learning.
The BI and Automation program is also responsible for establishing and managing operational support processes to ensure ongoing maintenance and optimization of deployed solutions, enabling UHN to mature business intelligence and automation capabilities.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a bold, creative, and innovative individual seeking a unique and exciting opportunity to support the advancement of UHN’s data and analytics capabilities, and enable UHN to see, utilize, and manage its data assets better.
You possess a strong work ethic and a passion for transforming healthcare through the utilization of project and change management best practices.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience leading the design, development and implementation of organizational change and transformational initiatives. You can manage multiple complex activities and are comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with cross-sectional stakeholders. You understand how a hospital and information management environment functions, and you are curious about the future of data and analytics in healthcare.
Reporting to the Program Manager, UHN Business Intelligence & Automation, you will play a critical role in implementing value initiatives that highlight UHN’s data assets as a competitive advantage, improve the delivery of care and business functions, and improve operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple deliverables or projects from initiation to close-out, including effective planning, requirements gathering, workflow mapping, schedule, budget, and issue tracking, risk mitigation, and resource utilization
- Being exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, adaptive, and client-focused
- Integrating emerging trends and incorporating subject matter expertise to creatively deliver impactful and innovative solutions
- An innate ability to recognize problems, proactively research the best option, and utilize individual judgment and action to resolve them efficiently
- Incorporating subject matter expertise and data-driven evidence to create holistic solutions that meet business requirements and establish best practices and standards;
- Determining business insights and opportunities through the collection, assessment, and analysis of complex organizational data;
- Integrates strategies into operations by supporting the development of centralized processes and standards, and ensuring sustainability and continuous improvement
- Advances the data visualization and user experience guidelines to ensure reports and dashboards are presented in a meaningful and accessible manner that allows the user to easily understand and interpret data
- Collaborates and builds consensus; effectively building strong internal/external relationships, networks and partnerships, while managing stakeholder expectations
- Possessing knowledge of data attributes, governance, quality, maintenance, and visualization best practices
- Committed to continually seeking opportunities to advance UHN’s analytics adoption maturity
Change Management & Communications
- Possessing strong facilitation and communication skills and a strong emotional intelligence to connect with clinical/business/technical stakeholders, build consensus, gain buy-in, and build relationships
- Possessing strong team-building, listening, coaching, and mentorship skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and efficiently
- An Undergraduate Degree in Health Informatics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or a related field;
- 2-3 years of related industry experience in project management (planning, implementation, risk assessment, documentation, and benefits realization);
- Strong stakeholder relationship management experience, including influencing, and consensus-building;
- Excellent facilitation, inter-personal, and written/oral communications skills;
- Excellent analytical, prioritization, and organization skills;
- Ability to work on multiple ongoing priorities successfully in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to plan and conduct requirements gathering, workflow/data mapping, and application testing; and
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint)
There is occasional travel associated with this position between UHN hospital sites.
Talent Acquisition Consultant, People and Culture – Posting #885319
Posting Dates: September 30, 2021 - October 15, 2021
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.