The Principal Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Principal Data Scientist provides strategic advice and guidance to functional team(s). Highly skilled with broad, advanced technical experience.
Digital Health and Analytics is a new area of Humana, focused on transforming the health experience for Humana members through the use of technology and analytics. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will design studies and utilize cutting edge predictive modeling techniques, to rigorously test hypotheses, and complete analyses to turn data into actionable solutions. Located in Humana’s new Studio H location in Boston, the Senior Data Scientist will work cross-functionally and collaboratively with teams across Humana utilizing cutting edge machine learning techniques to implement and execute test and learn projects. The ideal candidate will have experience conducting experiments in an applied healthcare setting, demonstrated innovative and creative methods for overcoming testing constraints, as well as successfully applying machine learning techniques to address business needs.
As the Principal Data Scientist
- You will be responsible for the end to end systems that enable rapid development and deployment of AI solutions.
- As a member of the leadership team of the Enterprise Data Science and Cognitive AI, you will be the data science leader who is setting the vision and strategy for operationalizing data science and AI solutions.
- You will be responsible for leading the continued innovation and evolution of the AI platforms used across the organization and leading development of solutions to incorporate the wide breadth of Humana analytical needs
- You will also be responsible for evaluating new technologies for continuous improvements in the entirety of the AI process from data exploration to model deployment and monitoring
- In addition, you will be responsible for the execution, roadmaps and timelines.
- PhD + 4 years’ experience OR Master’s Degree + 7 years’ experience
- Data Analytics, Computer Science or related quantitative program.
- 4+ years’ experience in project, process or people leadership
- Operationalized machine learning products and services at scale for large enterprises
- Expertise with modern machine learning and AI technologies, architectures, and agile development methods
- Passionate about both healthcare and AI
- Dual degrees in Computer Science, Business Operations, Predictive analytics, or related fields
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, at least 5 years of experience in a cloud environment
- 10+ years of data science and machine learning experience, with at least 4 years of experience in deep learning
- A track record of success in creation and deployment of modern AI products and services
- Experience with modern DevOps and Software Development Lifecycle practices. Methods such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD and GitFlow are part of your toolset.
- 5+ years of people management experience
- A track record of building high-performing teams and can help us attract, develop, and retain the best talent in the industry
- Ability to manage by engagement, empowerment and continuous feedback, and more importantly, view leadership as a coach and teacher to a team rather than a manager
- Skilled at communicating to both very technical audiences as well as presenting complex technical designs to senior management
- Transformational leader with experience changing the technical culture to meet modern standards and best practices in software engineering and AI
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization, and excel in cross-team and cross-departmental collaborations
Scheduled Weekly Hours