Sherpany`s mission is to give back time by turning formal meetings from time-wasters into value-creators. Our team is building a mobile and web based platform that allows effective choice making by digitally transforming meetings and decision making processes. In cutting administrative, organizational and repetitive work Sherpany`s platform is actively sparing resources like paper, shipping and transportation. Within the next 5 years we aim to give back over 2 Mio. hours of extra time to people making decisions thereby enabling them to focus on value-adding work. Our headquarter is located in Zurich and we have offices in Lisbon, Berlin, Paris, Milan and Wroclaw.
Your new role:
You are part of a small group of Data Scientists who support the 50-person Engineering Team consisting of Developers, UI/UX Experts, Product Owners and Managers with a wide variety of reports. This ranges from general product reporting on a regular basis to ad-hoc insight generation about specific parts thereof. Gained insights are used to drive innovation via small and quickly implemented projects.
- understand the needs of the product management team and find the right metrics to support them
- apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to test hypotheses statistically
- communicate gained insights in a reader-appropriate concise and exacting manner
- leverage our data by coming up with innovative project ideas that make our users' meeting behaviours more productive and apply your knowledge about trained algorithms to build models therefor.
- continuously assess current and future technologies in the field of data science to contribute to a thriving data science mindset
We are looking for someone who has experience working with data and knows how to leverage it efficiently. The ideal candidate has lots of innovative ideas and the drive to see them through as well as a creative and problem-solving mind.
fluency in SQL and Python
- experience in training a wide variety of models (NLP, classification)
- experience in non-parametric hypothesis testing
- ability to visualize and communicate results efficiently to your audience
- learning new things and improving your skills is important to you and you're interested in every step in the data reporting process, from data extraction via APIs and databases to exploration, analysis and reporting
- you are a self-starter with a high level of attention to detail
- you have a „get-it-done“ attitude and always aim for the best possible solutions
- you appreciate working in a team with highly motivated and driven people
What it's like to work for us:
- You are part of an international company with a flat hierarchy, in which you can take lot of responsibility and your ideas are always welcome
- In order to maintain your work-life balance we offer flexible working hours, home office and/or remote-working
- Your personal and professional development is important to us which is why we offer financial support for further education, trainings etc.
- Last but not least: Our corporate culture means a lot to us which is why we organize regular team events and cultivate a value-driven (https://www.sherpany.com/en/careers/#ourValues) cooperation