Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location/Division Specific Information
Position to be based preferably at our sites in: Austin, TX, SF Bay Area, CA; Carlsbad, CA; and open to US remote / Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division
How will you make an impact?
As an ambitious, talented, and self-motivated individual, you will be part of our talented data science team that will lead and execute our next-generation architecture and platform. You will apply your statistical analytical skills and large data processing techniques to get unique insights from data and help our customers with decision-making.
Your work will take you across many important areas of our business from products to experimental results, biological entities to laboratory techniques, and everything in between. Your efforts will help us make significant contributions to the world and help us achieve our mission to help make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place.
What will you do?
- Develop end to end machine learning models, starting from understanding the domain and related data, selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers, and using optimal bootstrapping strategies
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Develop and adhere to rigorous testing of statistics, models, and code
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Follow conventions and best practices for analysis, statistics, modeling, coding, and architecture; hold other members of the team accountable for doing so
- Stay up to date with new technologies and determine how to incorporate these into future platform capabilities
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry or related technical discipline; postgraduate degree is preferred
- 1+ years’ in a Data Scientist role
- Hands-on experience developing models and solutions using techniques in machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP, or related field
- Experience managing end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature analysis, and selection, model building, bootstrapping, and final deployment
- Solid algorithm development background. Experience with building Machine Learning algorithms and productizing them at scale in a distributed computation environment
- Proficiency with data analysis languages and tools such as Python/Jupyter or R
- Proven experience with processing large amounts of data using technologies, such as Apache Spark
- Previous design and documenting APIs leveraging a standard API documentation framework (Swagger) is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Resource Description Framework and semantic web and application of those concepts
- Understanding of AWS or Azure Cloud
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com