As an Azure Data Engineer you work in a scrum team together with Data Scientists, BI specialists and Software Engineers. You oversee customer processes and know how to translate them into solutions within cloud data platforms. You have an important role in developing cloud-based architecture to analyze, store and process data.
Together with our customer, you will think about the optimal solution for collecting large amounts and types of data and guide them in and to the Microsoft Azure Cloud.
Are you passionate about Microsoft Azure and do you get excited about designing and implementing complex modern data solutions? Do terms like Data Lake, SSIS, Data Factory or similar terms sound like music to your ears? Then do not hesitate to apply for this challenging position and become part of the team!
Certificates obtained in this direction are a plus, but what if you don't have them? No problem either, in that case we will give you the opportunity to work on that.
- Microsoft Azure
- (partial) knowledge of SSIS, Data Factory, Data Lake Storage, Databricks, Synapse or SSAS
- R/Scala is considered a plus
Good to know / You will love this
- You work on challenging projects for (inter)national customers
- You work with an international team, we have people from various nations & diverse environment
- You create smart solutions using the state-of-art-technology on a daily basis
- A fixed training budget? We don’t have that here at Mediaan! You receive the training needed to be among the best in your field
- Our clients range from small companies to large multinationals within various industries
- Mediaan is a Microsoft Gold Partner, which means that you have access to their latest technologies, monthly Azure Cloud credits, as well as workshops and certifications
- You take part in internal and external skills/knowledge development
- You get to play Nintendo Switch or ping pong during your lunch break
- Awesome colleagues! You work with the best colleagues in your field
- Our personal development and employment policies are always tailored-made. Do you want to work 95%? No problem! You choose what suits you best; more time, mobility, or cash?
- Our head office in Heerlen has gone under a complete makeover. Be prepared to work in a modern office
Who are we looking for?
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- You are ambitious, curious and fascinated by technology
- You have a positive mentality and are a problem-solver
- You are a committed team player with good communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Advantage: knowledge of modern data technologies, tools, platforms and infrastructures such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Docker or Kubernetes
- Advantage: be able to use best practices such as CI/CD, test and programming standards
- Advantage: Knowledge of ETL processes and data warehousing methodologies
- You have a work permit within the EU
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch or German is considered a plus