EverlyWell is a consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing company with easy-to-read and actionable results. We are at the forefront of personalized health, transforming the $25B lab testing industry. We’re here to empower people to take control of their health by making lab testing easy to access, understand, and afford. We seek excellence in everything we do for customers and our teammates.
We are hiring a Data Analyst to help model and incorporate new and existing data sources into our growing data warehouse. The data analyst will work both independently and with business stakeholders to analyze our data and turn it into useful information. This information will be leveraged to make recommendations for initiatives set to improve business operations and help achieve strategic business objectives. This requires proficiency in business intelligence tools, very strong database skills (SQL), technical understanding of data architecture and modeling, and a strong business sense. Reporting directly to the Analytics Manager, you will work with other analytics team members, business stakeholders, and data engineers to understand what our data means, where it is lacking, and how it can be modeled to make it available for analysis and visualization. You’ll perform strategic business analyses for various departments and synthesize findings to business leaders. These analyses will provide the foundation for future business initiatives. The data that you model and analyze will be used across the company to monitor the health of the business and identify areas for improvement. You will be a key caretaker of our garden of knowledge. We are in high growth, startup mode and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty. If you are passionate about turning data into information which can be used to make better and faster business decisions and are looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow in your career, EverlyWell is the place for you.What You’ll Do:
- Extract unstructured data from a variety of sources, manipulate data into a form suitable for analysis – and then explore data using statistical methods and a visualization tool like Tableau
- Perform strategic data analysis and research to support business needs.
- Proactively bring new business opportunities unearthed through data mining to the attention of business leaders.
- Partner with business stakeholders in framing and prioritizing business questions considering both short and long potential impact, interpret findings, quantify opportunities, and propose actions with a data-centric point of view.
- Help in designing relevant data marts, including outlining dimensions and measures needed, for answering business questions.
- Shape, explore, and publish data for business analysis or stakeholder initiatives using core BI tools (Excel, Tableau, GSuite and Google Analytics).
- Collaborate with business teams on ad-hoc analyses that uncover root cause of recent business trends - and set the stage for deeper insight going forward
- Ensure optimization initiatives are implemented, tracked and reviewed post production.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to existing processes and suggestion / presentations for improving those processes relating to implementation.
Your Education & Experience:
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
We Love Working Here:
- 3-7 years of progressive experience in an analytics/data engineering role at an internet or e-commerce company
- Mastery of SQL and solid understanding of data architecture
- Journeyperson-level skill of a data visualization product like Tableau or Looker
- Working knowledge of a programming language like Python is preferred
- Proficiency in web analytics applications, strong database skills and technical understanding of website architecture preferred
- A passion for details, knowledge, and understanding how stuff works
- Excellent systems thinking
- A keen ability to multitask, prioritize, meet deadlines, and communicate expectations. When something’s not going well, you can autonomously figure out the root cause, and apply your learnings quickly resolve the issue and underlying cause.
- Ability to Identify and solve for underlying operational challenges and opportunities rather than simply executing prescribed processes
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-changing environment. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and developing best practices as you go!
- You’ll be calm in the storm of collaboration - you’ll keep your cool, think on your feet, and drive productive and amicable conversations.
- Venture backed by top-tier firms
- The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
- Open vacation policy
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Health benefits
EverlyWell is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.HIPAA Disclaimer:
This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.