Here at LIBERTY our FLOSSify is simple. Find good people and help them shine!
This position is responsible for providing analytical support and analysis to the actuarial and underwriting departments of the company, as needed. The position will serve as a data expert to support reporting, actuarial, and underwriting initiatives.
Job Summary Details
- Review and analyze claim experience to determine potential risks and trends.
- Help build underwriting models and use these models to calculate appropriate premiums for new and existing groups.
- Build and maintain reporting for executives and other departments
- Perform ad-hoc reports to support analysis of utilization, provider contracting rates, group experience, and trends.
- Present data and findings to non-technical audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Science, Statistics or related field required
- 2 years of experience in healthcare data analysis, actuarial, or underwriting work; dental experience preferred
- Underwriting or Actuarial experience is preferred
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Ability to develop models in Excel preferred
- Experience with SQL preferred
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Sedentary work involves extensive sitting, typing, close range vision most of the time.
Sponsorship and Relocation Specifications:
LIBERTY Dental Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer / VETS / Disabled.
No relocation assistance or sponsorship available at this time.