Story Behind The Need
The Corporate Functions Analytics team is seeking a Full-Time (contract) Data Scientist to support key projects in an agile rapid lab environment, aimed at accelerating benefits for customers and the bank, leveraging enterprise-level data management tools and advanced analytics. The resource will work closely with Global teams and business lines to apply advanced analytics techniques and tools, as well as explore ideas to enhance business opportunities utilizing advanced analytics and artificial intelligence.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams and interact with key stakeholders daily to gain valuable experience and exposure. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work with emerging and cutting-edge technologies.
Typical Day In Role
- Recommend and develop optimal visualizations for insightful, actionable business use using Power BI.
- Be able to shape data into reporting and analytics solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment to deploy solutions within 90-120 days.
- Collaborate with business lines and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive business value by leveraging Data Science.
- Ingest massive volumes of structure and unstructured format data, model, transform and store it in a variety of data stores.
- Prepare detailed documentation to outline data sources, models and algorithms used and developed.
- Present results to business line stakeholders and help implement real data-driven changes.
- Collaborate with other Advanced Analytics stakeholders and partners to define data engineering, visualization and machine learning best-practices.
- Support analytical use-case delivery, as well as customer/financial benefits tracking and communication.
Must Have Skills/Requirements
- Must be fluently bilingual in Spanish and English.
- 2+ years of experience using and implementing visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau.
- 2+ years of experience and familiarity with advanced functionality (Power Query, DAX, and data transformation functions).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Extended knowledge in MS Excel).
- Previous experience with data analysis or data science background.
Nice To Have/Highly Preferred Skills
- Experience with common machine Learning libraries in R, Python, Spark.
- SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, DB2, MySQL).
- Working experience with big data tools and programming languages such as Hive, SQL, R, Python, Spark.
- Working knowledge of strategy optimization leveraging operations research principles.
- Ability to write and communicate fluently in English and Spanish in order to provide clear directives and work well with remote assistance in various countries.
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to translate technical knowledge into business value.
- Effective communication skills with ability to prepare project documentation and presentations.
- Ability to provide progress reports and outline clear requirements to complete required integrated changes.
- Ability to work well within a team towards common goals.
- Ability to work well under pressure and against strict timelines.
- One round MS Teams video interview – (30 minutes)
- Second round interview if necessary