Wayfair’s Data Science Analytics team collaborates closely with 3 expansive Data Science workstreams that transform the way we do business in fraud detection, supply chain operations, and natural language processing (NLP). As a Data Science analyst, you will uncover and understand insights hidden in our vast repository of raw data to provide tactical and strategic guidance on how to act on findings; and build innovative solutions for reporting and monitoring of our model performance and business KPI that impacts and guides the decision making process with the Data Science team on continuous model development. We look for people with an interest in e-commerce who are able to work independently and thrive in a collaborative team environment. For a concrete example of our Analytics team’s work and contribution, please check out our recent blog post and learn how this team built Wayfair’s in-house web application that calls our NLP model services and puts them in visualizations and format so business owners can drive action with it.
What You'll Do
- Integrate tightly into our Data Science workstreams and act as the subject matter expert for data and analytics in the respective domain
- Doing exploratory data analysis on our vast repository of raw data, unveil insights and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings
- Explore, prototype, test and automate data pipelines and provide insights into model performance and business KPI impact
- Collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Engineers and business stakeholders, contributing to the cross-functional partnership, strategy and roadmap.
- Contribute to and influence the team vision, strategy and OKRs
- Lead your teammates by example, help others learn and improve to level up the team's technical capabilities and business awareness.
- Communicate and collaborate across the wider organization, influencing decisions without direct authority with inclusive, adaptable and persuasive communication
- Deliver presentations to business stakeholders that tell cohesive stories using data and on point visualizations to support data supported decision making and ultimately enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience as a data analyst/data engineer with background in a technical/quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, analytics, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research etc.)
- Strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business direction
- Strong quantitative skills, knowledge and experience with various analytical methods including statistics and experimentation.
- Experience in aligning quantitative and technical work closely with business priorities and business value
- Mastery of writing SQL queries; experience with programming (Python/R), big data frameworks and cloud-based analytics tools (preferably GCP)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Strive in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Our proposition to you!
- Competitive salary, bonus, and relocation package
- Collaborative company culture that encourages teamwork across departments
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Paid volunteering day: Wayfair will pay one 8-hour day in which you can take time off for community service
- Fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- Let’s not forget the chance to join a global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the Candidate Privacy Notice available here, and that the information you submit as part of your job application will be used in accordance with such notice. You consent to the processing of your information as described in the Candidate Privacy Notice, including that your information may be transferred to other jurisdictions in the United States, the UK, and the European Union, and, that in some circumstances, Wayfair may share your information with trusted third parties, to assist in certain phases of the hiring process (such as conducting background checks).By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the Candidate Privacy Notice available here, and that the information you submit as part of your job application will be used in accordance with such notice. You consent to the processing of your information as described in the Candidate Privacy Notice, including that your information may be transferred to other jurisdictions in the United States, the UK, and the European Union, and, that in some circumstances, Wayfair may share your information with trusted third parties, to assist in certain phases of the hiring process (such as conducting background checks).