Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer I for our San Antonio, TX Home Office; Plano, TX Campus; Phoenix, AZ Campus; Tampa, FL Campus; Colorado Springs, CO Campus or Charlotte, NC Campus.
USAA values a work culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are settled between each employee and the employee’s manager.
The candidate for this position will have the opportunity to work with the Enterprise Function Data Science team to assist in the building and implementation of data models and advanced analytics for various internal customers across USAA.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This outstanding mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design and implement technical solutions
- Identify and solve significant technical problems and architecture deficiencies.
- Participate in daily standups and design reviews.
- Breakdown business features and into technical stories and approaches.
- Analyze data and enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Help on-board entry level engineers.
- Collaborate with the team and other engineers to plan and execute assignments and tasks.
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.
- Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study,
- OR Certification from an approved technical field of study,
- OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 4 years of data management experience implementing data solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s)
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience, education, or training in Foundational Statistics
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL and traditional data movement patterns
- Experience implementing and supporting ML models and related data pipelines in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of data orchestration and microservices
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Domino and Airflow
- Experience with Gitlab
- Experience with Python programming / scripting
- Experience with big data experience tools / technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Data Science to include use of advanced modeling methods
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
The above description reflects the details considered vital to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $88,200.00 - $158,900.00* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.