At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love creating systems that crunch and structure data to build piercing insights? Do you take pride when you see those insights used for good, to make better game experiences and happier players? Do you want to see your work maximize the impact of continued live updates throughout the life cycle of a product? If so, we want to talk to you!
We are looking to hire an experienced Data Analyst to work with our designers, engineers, and producers to transform player behavior data into actionable insights, improving our overall player gameplay experience. Our games are enjoyed by millions of players so you will have a rich dataset to play with and a direct path to drive and implement meaningful changes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create statistical models that can predict and analyze player behavior, optimize engagement, and inform post-launch feature creation
- Using created statistical models and analyses, interpret the underlying story to make recommendations, and answer business and game design questions
- Work closely with development teams to provide insights into game quality, difficulty, and fun
- Establish and distribute regular performance reports based on telemetry and advanced models
- Collaborate with other departments to determine project needs and analytics requirements
- Maintain data integrity and resolve issues found with incorrect or incomplete datasets
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data mining and analytics, building models with large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets
- Expert in relational databases and SQL data carpentry
- Experience with strengths and weaknesses of different modeling approaches
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills to effectively present, explain, influence, and advise within cross-functional teams
- Video games industry experience and/or gaming familiarity
- WWE knowledge and familiarity
- Basic programming experience with C++ in large code bases
- Experience with JIRA, DeltaDNA, Perforce, and Confluence
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of R or Python machine learning and related modules
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark and columnar databases like Vertica