It’s an exciting and challenging time at Jetstar. With the arrival and ramp up of the vaccine roll out and the opening of borders within Australia and internationally, pent up demand for domestic and international travel is expected to drive increases in flights undertaken by our customers. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals to join us on our return to being Australia’s choice value carrier and your contribution as Senior Data Analyst will play a large part in this.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for managing analytics, producing reporting and providing insights for Ancillary Revenue products and Digital Marketing products and channels in order to improve the overall Ancillary Revenue position, conversion rates and an improved understanding of Product performance. The Senior Data Analyst will work both highly autonomously and in team settings with a wide range of stakeholders. The Senior Data Analyst will produce dashboard reporting, ad hoc reporting and insights for teams and senior stakeholders across the business.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Extensions, your main accountabilities will include:
- Create executive management reports and dashboards
- Build dashboard reports to provide stakeholders with clear and automated reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Communicate reports to Senior Management by providing them with key insights over performance trends.
- Track Ancillary Revenue and Marketing KPIs.
- Perform detailed product analysis to track performance and trends for Ancillary Products and Marketing channels.
- Analyse and identify relationships and patterns in historical and current data
- Provide insights and recommendations on how product performance, conversion and other measures can be improved by understanding the cause of performance changes
- Pro-actively identify potential commercially valuable opportunities and define related hypotheses
- Propose actionable insights/recommendations
- Actively engage with stakeholders in the organisation to understand their data requirements
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Power BI experience essential, including ability to create and maintain dashboards and reports.
- Strong data analytics background
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with advanced analytics methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to translate and communicate actionable insights based on complex analysis
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of core commercial principles and practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly explain key insights
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively and ‘outside of the box’
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively, managing multiple influencing factors
- Outstanding prioritisation skills, particularly where complex conflicting priorities exist
- Strong focus on teamwork and ability to work closely and constructively with a range of stakeholders and service providers
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while your work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Applications Close: Friday 8th October
Please note: Under the Qantas Group COVID-19 Vaccination Policy all Australia-based new employees of a Qantas Group entity must be fully vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and provide Evidence of Vaccination by uploading your Digital Vaccination Certificate to Workday (our HR information system). There are different compliance dates for different workgroups under the policy. You will be provided with relevant information, including the compliance date during the recruitment process.