We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
Thrivent is undergoing a growth transformation, and we are building out a Data Office to help focus on data, analytics and big data. We are in the early stages of building an enterprise Trusted Data Platform with modern engineering practices and hybrid cloud implementation. As the full-time Data Engineer Consultant, you will lead the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of the data platform. You will bring a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment and learn new technologies. You will encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization. This role will report to the Director, Data Engineering.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Help develop sustainable data solutions with current and leading gen data technologies to transform business
- Lead and develop other up and coming engineers
- Actively engage in technology strategy and data architecture across enterprise
- Grasp / master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Build robust systems with an eye on automation and the long-term maintenance and support of the application
- Work directly with the product owner and end-users to constantly deliver products in a highly collaborative and agile environment
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of Data Engineering experience with Big Data Technologies: Apache Spark, Hadoop, or Kafka
- At least 3 years of microservices development experience: Python, Java or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines, CICD pipelines, and fit for purpose data stores
- At least 1 year of experience in Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
Other Critical Factors:
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex , gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state , or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation , please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.