At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
Back to Job Navigation (About)
550046BR Date posted:
Feb. 11, 2021 Locations:
When it comes to using cutting-edge machine learning to tackle complex problems, Lockheed Martin is driven by a singular mission focus and desire to continuously innovate. Today’s challenges to global security aren’t just changing – they’re accelerating faster than ever before. Through our dedication to our mission, our AI-enabled systems are changing the way militaries operate and protect their forces, the way first responders fight fires, and how researchers explore the far reaches of space and the ocean’s depths.
The Lockheed Martin Artificial Intelligence Center (LAIC) team is seeking a high energy individual with a strong working knowledge in software engineering, artificial intelligence and machine learning to support the Applied AI team and product portfolio, focusing on a broad range of projects across the LAIC. The team is focused on exploiting small, innovative and agile teams to rapidly iterate and mature solutions from prototypes to deployment for utilization across the Lockheed Martin enterprise and in the field for our customers.
The selected candidate will focus on the development of technologies and products that leverage Artificial Intelligence to provide discriminating capability to our customers. This will require engagement in every phase of the system development lifecycle including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration, and flight test. Activities will range from low TRL research, proof of concepts, development of prototypes, building demonstrators, and transition to production. The selected candidate can expect to utilize current AI paradigms including computer vision, deep learning, and reinforcement learning, applying these techniques to solve complex problems and field innovative solutions.
Must exhibit self-motivation, a strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills.
There is a strong preference for the selected candidate to be based in Shelton, Connecticut with the core team. However, the selected candidate can potentially work at any major Lockheed Martin facility or remotely.
Must be a US Citizen.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience. Entry level.
- Experience using machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.)
- Experience with Python and multiple libraries (NumPy, OpenCV, Scikit, Pandas, etc.)
- Experience with C++, Java, GO, and other compiled languages
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience developing applications on Linux
- Familiarity with DevOps tools: Docker, Git [GitLab, GitHub], Continuous Integration [CI], Continuous Deployment [CD]
- Familiarity with modern Computer Vision
- Familiarity with high-performance computing
- Familiarity with network/messaging (UDP, ZeroMQ, RESTful API, etc.)
- Familiarity interfacing with databases (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Familiarity RF signal processing Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekClearance Level: None Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit:
ENTERPRISE BUSINESS SERVICESRelocation Available:
Artificial Intelligence Type: