Deloitte’s Risk & Financial Advisory Services (Advisory) helps organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities — from strategic, reputation, and financial risks to operational, cyber, and regulatory risks — to gain competitive advantage. We are the business leaders in risk management, and work with a vision to make the world trustworthy, and safe. Our clients are large, complex organizations that constantly evolve and innovate to build better products and services. Our teams help clients embrace complexity, accelerate change and manage the various risks that they may encounter during this process.
At Advisory, we are creating a world-class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) capability to enhance existing services and empower our clients. Our focus is on bringing data, AI/ML, and technology together with our deep expertise in multiple industries to drive new product development and significant automation/efficiencies.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with strong technical ability. We are looking for talented Machine Learning Engineers with experience in software engineering and applying machine learning to solve complex problems. Ideal candidates will have experience with a variety of machine learning methods, with demonstrated depth in at least one area. Additionally, they will have some experience in delivering production level, performant, stable, and tested code and want to be part of a team to make a significant impact.
Work you’ll do
As a Machine Learning Platform Engineer working for the Advisory AI Center of Excellence (CoE) you’ll contribute to the practice’s AI/ML operations and develop solutions by working with internal leaders and clients.
- Work with senior management stakeholders to define and implement overall future state AI/ML infrastructure for the Advisory
- Drive organizational changes and establish governance structures to implement AI/ML related solutions
- Provide strategic and operational advice to firm and client stakeholders about proper AI/ML infrastructure that will serve current and future needs
- Influence machine learning operations strategy for a client program/project; explore design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigor
- Be a key partner in the planning the direction of AI/ML transformation projects and effectively prioritize goals
- Architect, develop, and deploy scalable and easy-to-use machine learning workflows to enable training, evaluation, and inference in the cloud and on client infrastructure
- Effectively explain technical concepts at all levels in the organization, including senior leaders/stakeholders within Deloitte and client organizations
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in various cloud and digital technology domains to address gaps and/or increase efficiency of AI solutions
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight to ensure that the end solution is aligned to the overall Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) strategy and architecture
- Grow and mature the AI/ML Platform architecture to support ongoing digital business transformation
- Collaborate with IT teams to enable an automated compute and I/O provisioning platform to democratize access to compute resources
The Advisory AI CoE is a core group of highly specialized individuals whose mission is to transform a $1.5B business through AI/ML technologies. Our team helps the business by partnering and strategically advising them on identifying opportunities and applying AI/ML technologies to enhance business solutions and processes.
Deloitte has been recognized as a leader by several independent analyst firms. Gartner named Deloitte as #1 for its vision in Analytics and Data Services. Source: Gartner’s 2020 Data and Analytics Service Providers Magic Quadrant. Reproduced under license.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in (any of) Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Information Technology, or related fields
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in designing and implementing successful public cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Hands-on experience in designing, deploying, and implementing cloud technology infrastructure, compute, and storage
- Good understanding of a programming languages and AI frameworks and algorithms
- Hands on experience working with business stakeholders in identifying, prioritizing and developing plans and roadmaps for development and operationalization of AI/ML solutions
- Broad knowledge of cloud computing vendor landscape and AI/ML solutions in the marketplace
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Master’s or PhD or advanced certifications in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or related fields
- Deep knowledge of common programming languages and scripting language, such as PERL/Python
- Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting), container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.), experience with database languages (e.g., SQL, No-SQL) and experience with version control practices and tools (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Understanding and knowledge of DevOps tools and networking/infrastructure technologies
- Knowledge of Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch