The role of the Specialist Data Scientist has the following accountabilities:
- Data science: Descriptive and predictive Analytics development: selection, definition and execution of the adequate algorithms, models, tests, visualizations, etc.
- Technology: Selection, definition and execution of the adequate programming environments, file formats, data storage solutions, automatic data flows, etc.
- Architecture: Define and/or follow best practice for Big Data use cases while extracting, transforming, storing and feeding data to/from different data sources using private and public cloud architectures.
- Management: Report to Project Management, clients, other external and/or internal teams, estimate resources and time effort for different tasks and follow up during the full project life cycle.
- Innovation: Know and keep updated of the state-of-the-art techniques, models, programming environments and technical approaches for different Data Science problems
What you bring:
- Graduated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- Master’s in data science, AI, Data Engineering or any data related field, desired.
- PhD and Research Experience will also be valuable.
- At least, 3 years of professional experience in Data Science related positions.
- English proficiency is a must.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with SQL, Python, Spark/Scala and bash.
- Experienced usage of Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Hive/Impala, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Data Science techniques: feature engineering, regression, random forests, SVM, boosting, time-series analysis, etc.
- Experienced usage of Cloud technologies: AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experienced data management using different platforms: HDFS, Cassandra, Hive, HBase, etc.
- Technical flexibility for adapting to the required technological and development environment depending on each use case.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
At Vodafone we are concerned about being a company committed to diversity as an engine of change. We are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of race, nationality, cultural origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and religious or political beliefs.