Overview of the job
Do you want to join a team of IT professionals who apply their skills to bring ground-breaking, technology-based capabilities and business models to life? Have you been looking to use and grow both your IT and business skills? Read on to find out more!
As a Data Engineer and Data Quality & Operation Senior Manager, you will report to the SK-II IT Director, and be part of a multinational and globally operating IT team!
How success looks like
- Having a good grasp on existing data hub platform and analytic solution technology landscape at both conceptual and operation level
- Identify the opportunities of data hub operation system, data management and BI solutions and suggest the solution for improvement
- Identify the unmet need, build positive relationships from local business users and communicate to global SK-II team
- Handle data hub platform, BI solutions and manage data assets with operation excellence to ensure high data quality and satisfaction level by end users and business sponsors
- Build the capability of users and external partners
Responsibilities of the role
- Cultivation of large-scale analytical use cases delivering exponential value by designing and delivering advanced analytics solutions at scale (including Petabyte scale solutions)
- Use industry leading Big Data technologies to increase productivity of models' delivery by deep domain expertise, being a one stop shop and E2E accountable for scale up
- Hide complexity of IT from business case owners (understanding of P&G EA patterns, looking after engagements with Enterprise Architects, Data Management, Cloud, Infosec and Platform teams)
- Be a trusted partner of Cloud and Info-security teams with autonomy within their frameworks
- Deliver right solution architecture, automation and technology choices starting from experimentation and proof of concept phases of new analytical models
- Graduated with a BS or MS in business/ management information systems and/or computer science/ engineering, programming/ software development.
- Technical skills and exposures in big data technologies such as SQL, Linux, Sheel Scripting, Azure HDInsights/ Databrics or AWS and/or GCP frameworks
- Understanding of Data requirement, source files, data mining, logical and physical Data modelling, big data storage architecture, data modelling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling and data provisioning
- Experiences of big data development experience utilising Hadoop/spark, developing REST API's, and development of system and scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, R or SQL etc)
- Experiences of translates analytics problems into data requirement
- An interest and preferably working experience in agile development methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills across multi-functional partners
- Fluency in English. Chinese is desired but not essential
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we're committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being in touch so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world's consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.