Summary of the role
The world is evolving at an unpredictable fast pace. The impact from COVID on travel industry was abismal but it will also open huge set of opportunities. Just to name a few, airlines need to reinforce their retailing capabilities to increase revenues; they need to understand the impact of COVID on behavior of different customer groups in order to optimize the offer accordingly; when is the right time to position the ancillary offer and at what price, etc. All these topics are covered by the Airlines Data Unit which is a team inside Travel Unit specialized in analytics and Data Science based on Airlines data. The aim of this unit is to provide Data Science Services to internal and external Amadeus customers enabling the use of the power of analytics to unlock business values.
The main purpose of this role is to support Amadeus Airlines external and internal customers and provide expert guidance in terms of Data Science.
As a Data Scientist you will develop and deploy Machine Learning algorithms. You will be working on Azure cloud, mostly using Databricks, Spark, Azure ML, Airflow and Snowflake, and writing code in Scala, Python or R. He or she fosters best practices, and encourages capitalization and innovation.
Your main responsibilities
- Perform complex data analysis on large data sets
- Research, identify and recommend relevant data sources to be used for the desired use case
- Employ relevant methods (e.g. signal processing, machine learning, statistical learning, pattern recognition and high performance computing techniques) to transform data into actionable insights
- Actively participate in data science community
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Work closely with data engineers and devops in order to create and industrialize advanced analytics solutions
- Provide data science support for internal & external data needs for products, sales, and consulting missions
- Assist in client interviews and meetings for internal & external data science missions
- Formulate business problems into data problems
- Design innovative data approach to solve business problems
- Communicate and translate complicated results & their implications to business stakeholders
- Provide guidance to employees, colleagues and customers
- Maintain technical, functional, business and commercial awareness
- Participate in hiring priocess (interviews and candidate screening) for new team members
About the ideal candidate
Holds a Engineering degree, M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics and math
- Has around 1-3 years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrates deep understanding of statistics, Machine Learning algorithms and data modelling
- Is proficient in written and verbal English; a second language very useful (e.g Spanish, German or French)
- Has experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems, choice analytics or similar.
- Possesses experience in Spark and Python (other programming paradigms a plus: R, C++...)
- Has experience with Business Intelligence vendor software (like MicroStrategy, SAP/BO, IBM SPSS, Oracle BI, Microsoft PowerBI, SAS, Tableau, Qlik) and with Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms (KNIME, DataIQ, DataRobot, Databricks etc.)
- Demonstrates expertise in one or more Big Data products (Databricks, Dataflow, BigQuery, Apache Hadoop, Spark, Beam, Kafka, Cassandra, Impala etc) as a plus
- Has worked with large data sets and cloud computing tools (Azure is a plus).
- Nice to have: Has understanding of the travel and airline industry and relevant data feeds (Reservation, Inventory, Ticketing, Departure Control System, Referencial Data, etc)
- Possesses experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches and ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
What we can offer to you
Be part of a multicultura team of 16,000+ professionals
Work at one of the world's top 10 software companies
Opportunity make global impact
Are you the one we’re looking for?
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.