Overview:We are looking for a Data Engineer to join a growing team working to improve TDS data to enable operational and business analytics. New team members will utilize in-house and cloud-based tools to acquire, clean, prepare, and deliver data to analytics teams and end users.Responsibilities:
The applicant selected for this position will join a team rich in business, data, and systems expertise and will use his or her programming, data manipulation, and analytical skills to:
- Create and maintain automated data pipelines to obtain and load data into object stores or relational databases from cloud-based, external, and internal sources.
- Model, create, and maintain curated datasets from a variety of production databases and systems.
- Assist in the identification, selection, and implementation of tools to grow team capabilities and efficiency.
- Create and adhere to design principles and standards to ensure consistency and minimize ongoing support and maintenance costs.
- Work with subject matter experts in multiple disciplines across TDS (operations, network planning, marketing, finance, etc.) to understand business processes and associated data.
- Create and code appropriate data cleaning algorithms to prepare data for further analysis and/or storage.
- Assist senior analysts to answer questions posed to the team and create new insights based on trends and patterns identified in the data.
- Associates degree (or higher) –OR- 2+ years professional work experience.
- 1+ years experience in software development or testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of one more programming languages used by the team.
- Knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and tools.
- Ability to travel as needed for company business and professional development.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for system implementations and resolving system problems.
- Knowledge of business analysis practices and business process modeling.
At TDS, we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. We are stronger together!