As the nation's largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members' financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There's never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $118,400-$144,700 annually. The full Pay Range is $91,700-$171,300 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
The Sr Data Scientist – Digital Marketing will be responsible for creating actionable data for their assigned business unit that supports decision-making as well as business-specific targeting and optimization. This position will conceptualize, build, and deploy predictions and segmentations to enterprise and business-specific systems that drive concrete results. This role will lead in developing machine learning and statistical models that will enhance member and product insights and improve performance forecasting using advanced predictive analytics.
- Manage full life-cycle of business models, including data collection, feature engineering, training, deployment, and ongoing performance monitoring. Develop tests, methodologies, and statistically significant findings in partnership with managers, stakeholders, analysts, and technologists.
- Develop machine learning and statistical models to analyze and prioritize internal and external performance drivers. Quantify and effectively communicate the impact of each key driver to the business to help identify new and ongoing business and/or member campaigns and initiatives.
- Support improvement of membership, product, and/or business forecasting as well as capital planning and stress testing using relevant test scenarios and internal business drivers.
- Improve conversation rates via automated personalization and send-time optimization data signals while maintaining dynamic control groups to measure impact.
- Recommend product and/or service improvements, enhancements, and introduction using member data metrics and analytics techniques.
- Participate in the enterprise goal-setting process by providing key statistical data to support the advancement of the bottom-up goal-setting methodology.
- Create custom segmentations using first part data with a focus on understanding and serving BECU’s members.
- Maintain the design and ongoing improvement of BECU’s Member Experience Score.
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical groups, such as strategy teams, leadership, and risk management auditors.
- Design and present ad-hoc analyses, profiles and market research as needed.
- Code efficient queries that incorporate multiple data sources using business information tools and cloud-based platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or Economics required, with an advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of in-depth experience with scripting languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.) and statistical software (SAS, MatLab, ML platforms, etc.) required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial, marketing or tech industry preferred.
- Previous experience using Alteryx and Google Analytics/BigQuery preferred.
- Previous experience using visual data analytics tools including Tableau, PowerBI, or Google Data Studio preferred.
- Previous experience using marketing data sources and systems including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, customer data platforms, Google Analytics/BigQuery, Fiserv, or SiteCore preferred.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.