You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you’re ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
The Finance Department aims to be a trusted partner that adds value by protecting the company’s financial integrity, guiding sound business decisions and offering enriching careers in a collaborative workplace. Finance oversees financial planning and fiscal management for Chevron Phillips Chemical including accounting, financing activities, planning, and tax compliance. The department provides financial information, policy analyses and recommendations that drive sound decision-making.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is seeking to fill a Data Analyst position at its corporate headquarters in The Woodlands. This position will be a part of the Finance Data Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE) and report to the Data Analytics Manager within the Finance organization. The Finance Data Analytics CoE serves as a conduit between Finance, Digital and IT to align and progress digital initiatives as well as understand new tools / resources as they become available.
- Build strong multi-functional relationships and get recognized as a data science / engineer subject matter expert among other teams
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, test business hypotheses, and make valuable discoveries leading to operational savings or growth
- Setting standards for data science; design patterns for model deployment and development which are scalable, repeatable, and simple within the Finance organization
- Collaborating across teams to solve challenging, high-value analytical problems
- Sharing and incorporating best practices from the industry using new and upcoming tools and technologies
- Provide in-depth support to the analysis of Finance data and development of key reporting utilizing an array of technologies.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis assistance utilizing financial data.
- Translate business objectives and priorities into analysis strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other computational/STEM fields.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience
- Experience in one or more data science related programing languages, such as Python, R, etc.
- Experience utilizing ETL tools and SQL
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerBI
- 2+ years of experience in data science or data engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and DataBricks
- Ability to clearly articulate the pros and cons of various technologies and platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in petrochemicals or oil and gas.
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422 , option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To all recruitment agencies:
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (“Company”) and
an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Up to 10%
Eligibility for Relocation:
Yes (Internal Candidates Only)