Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Data Analyst to join a newly established analytics team within the CFO’s organization. This new group will play a critical role in defining new corporate metrics of performance excellence.
- Expected to swiftly become subject matter expert for central accounting data models, inclusive of investigating, simplifying, and documenting legacy code.
- Develop and maintain robust and scalable future accounting data models and data dictionaries for both self-consumption and the broader data analyst community.
- Build and maintain financial and operational dashboards (Tableau) to identify patterns and trends which will support decision-making at the C-Level.
- Partner in the overhaul of data pipelines amidst tech stack migration.
- Collaborate with technical and business teams to implement best practices for data modeling, data governance, and data quality.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred dual major Accounting/Finance/equivalent AND Engineering/Information Systems/equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis with financial data, generally 3-5 years.
- Proficient in SQL (preferably Snowflake), Tableau, and Excel/Google Sheets.
- Hands-on experience working with financial and accounting data.
- A curious attitude with close attention to detail and the ability to see the big picture.
- Able to thrive among Business, Technical, and Accounting partners as well as across senior and junior team members with the same level of respect and clarity.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to drive projects cross-functionally, and keep stakeholders informed.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or experience in Oracle Cloud and associated analytical packages.
- Knowledge or experience in ‘dbt’ or similar data transformation tool.
- Experience in Python is a plus, but not required.
- Close proximity to a corporate office: San Francisco, CA; Lehi, UT; Denver, CO; SLO, CA.
This position is open to candidates who can travel 10-25% to corporate and branch offices throughout the country. Candidates outside of the United States will not be considered.
Note: This is NOT a data science position.
Recruiter: Amanda Frock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Starting salary/wage for this opportunity:
$78,431.00 to $104,539.00
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal convictions, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.