Data Engineer, LMR Data FoundationsDepartment:
Data Engineering ManagementLocation:
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. We believe our cutting-edge science and manufacturing, fueled by data and digital technologies, have the potential to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into possible for millions of people.
As one of Canada’s leading investors in life sciences, manufacturing and research and development, we focus on delivering new and better ways to address unmet medical needs. Our life-changing and lifesaving products are grounded in science that Canadians can trust. They empower self-care, prevent and treat diseases, and help people live better.Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Sanofi has embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions. This has enabled us, to accelerate R&D, improve manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring novel drugs and vaccines to patients faster, all in order to improve health and save lives.
The Digital Team at Sanofi is a unique data-driven team. We pride ourselves on being data obsessed and highly focused on using state of the art processes along with global technologies to drive impact to our solutions. We measure our insights and products based on how they perform across the globe and hold ourselves to the highest regard as our solutions can impact millions of lives. When tackling a problem, we do not just ask how we will create a solution, but how we will create a solution that reaches across the world with the best possible societal outcome.
If you are passionate about improving the health and wellness of people across the globe using Data as your means, then you should look no farther than the Digital Team here at Sanofi. Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization.
Who You Are:
- AI Factory - Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
- Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
- World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned, published leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillsets.
You are a dynamic Data Engineer interested in challenging the status quo to ensure the seamless creation and operation of the data pipelines that are needed by Sanofi’s advanced analytic, AI and ML initiatives for the betterment of our global patients and customers. You are a valued influencer and leader who has contributed to making key datasets available to data scientists, analysts, and consumers throughout the enterprise to meet vital business use needs. You have a keen eye for improvement opportunities while continuing to fully comply with all data quality, security, and governance standards.Key Responsibilities:
- Work with business teams to understand requirements, and translate them into technical needs .
- Gather/organize large & complex data assets, and perform relevant analysis .
- Ensure the quality of the data in coordination with Data Analysts and Data Scientists (peer validation).
- Propose and implement relevant data models for each business case.
- Create data models and optimize queries performance.
- Communicate results and findings in a structured way.
- Partner with Product Owner and Data Analysts to prioritize the pipeline implementation plan .
- Partner with Data Analysts and Data scientists to design pipelines relevant for business requirements.
- Leverage existing or create new “standard data pipelines” within Sanofi to bring value through business use cases.
- Ensure best practices in data manipulation are enforced end-to-end.
- Actively contribute to Data governance community.
- Remains up to date on company’s standards, industry practices and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of industry experience with a track record of applying solid data engineering principles in a scaled business environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field .
- Experience with distributed systems (Databricks/Apache Spark) must.
- Experience with AWS cloud services or, any other public cloud (Azure/GCP).
- Solid knowledge of SQL and relational databases technologies/concepts for both querying/manipulating datasets and also managing /controlling databases.
- Experience working with data models (Snowflake/Mesh) and advanced query tuning.
- Good foundational understanding in managing metadata health, dataOps pipelines for data quality issues.
- Experience in Data Lake/warehousing solutions (Snowflake a plus).
- Experience in Data-Ops orchestration/Integration Services (Airflow, DBT, IICS etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Python scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Source Code Management Tools (GitHub a plus).
- Familiarity with Visualization Tools (PowerBI, Tableau a plus).
- Familiarity with Project Management Tools (JIRA, Confluence a plus).
- Familiarity with Service Management Tools (Service Now a plus).
- Experience working in life sciences/pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Relevant cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, Databricks, Snowflake, IICS) are a plus.
- Experience on working within compliance (e.g.: quality, regulatory - data privacy, GxP, SOX) and cybersecurity requirements is a plus.
- Mentoring and/or technology evangelism/advocacy experience to help grow skillsets within the team.
- Strong experience working with a variety of cross-functional teams.
- Good experience with agile/scrum development processes and concepts.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Pragmatic and capable of solving complex issues.
- Service-oriented, flexible team player.
- Attention to detail & technical intuition.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills for executive level communication and collaboration.
- Fluent in English (Other languages a plus).
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions at sanofi.com!Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi#DBBCA #DDB
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.