Â :Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Data Scientist!Global Data and Analytics Group
is a cross-functional research team within the Science and Technology Center at Guardian Glass. We are on the front lines of projects that impact the operations of Guardian Glass manufacturing assets. We focus on Machine Learning and AI, Optimization, Process Engineering and IoT technologies to improve efficiency of Guardian’s manufacturing processes. Examples of the challenges our group will be tackling are opportunities to optimize the existing operations, work closely with process research and operations teams to determine what process settings drive certain manufacturing results and to improve operations or predict future behaviors of product as it moves through the manufacturing. Glass Technology & Data Analytics team focuses on applying advanced quantitative methods to solve a wide variety of challenging operations problems.
As Operations Data Scientist,
you will join a growing team dedicated to identifying, developing, refining, and deploying data analytics solutions in glass making and coating processes. As a data scientist, you will use machine learning techniques to gain new insights, develop predictive tools, and improve process control and predictability. You will be responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and data engineers to efficiently identify and implement improvements to data infrastructure for downstream analytics needs. You will determine the suitable models to use for various process applications from ideation, proof-of-concept through design of applications, as well as monitor and improve deployed operational-real-time models. You will keep Guardian current with the state-of-the-art machine learning software and hardware in the cloud and on-premise and pursue continuous self-training and train others across the organization. You will gain exposure to senior leadership as you showcase your results to key stakeholders in the business, demonstrating the superior value of your work. You will report into the R&D Group Leader of the Global Data and Analytics Group.
Our group of highly skilled, enthusiastic data scientists and operations research engineers is redefining what's possible for Guardian by utilizing the massive amount of process data to transform operations and research and development. We invest in our team by encouraging attendance at industry conferences and ongoing education opportunities enabling them to stay on the dynamic ever-changing data science landscape and bring new methods and techniques to their projects.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Apply the latest machine learning algorithms to perform analysis, create predictive models, visualize data, and drive projects through to delivery toward the solution of operations problems
- Review academic / industry literature, develop and test models, and gain insights from research findings
- Play a key role in developing analytical solutions with the business engagement teams and business partners
- Have the intellectual curiosity to research and identify new modeling technologies/methodologies/software packages to improve the current modeling processes
- Continuously scan and test new data sources, tools, and analytical techniques and partner with leading institutions and experts to contribute to our portfolio of next-generation analytics projects.
- Interface with key stakeholders and technical experts to ensure hardware and software support for data analytics is maintained
- Maintain and enhance existing models
- Analyze large complex time series datasets to extract useful patterns to deliver business insights and communicate results to key decision makers
- Issue reports detailing tool development (including unsuccessful approaches), quality assurance actions performed, results, etc.
- Work with data engineers to improve functionality in data systems (e.g., data reliability, efficiency, usability, and quality) and improve downstream data analysis capabilities
- Work with various functional teams; owning end-to-end solution development and scaling focused on operations challenges.
- Focus on building minimum viable products toward solving most of the issue instead of “perfecting” the solution, unless critical to safety.
- Engage with internal customers - operations teams and process SME’s - to leverage your critical thinking skills to apply data science modeling solutions.
What You Will Need?:
- Combination of analytical rigor and statistical methods with strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Process knowledge and experience in full scale manufacturing and development using production scale equipment.
- Solid technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills for technical and non-technical audience
- Project management and executing of projects that require multi-functional involvement for implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts of power analysis, hypothesis testing, inference and DOE
- S. degree in a quantitative field such as Operations Research, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science etc.
- 1-2 years of experience doing quantitative research using techniques from one or more of the following areas: 1) machine / deep learning, 2) statistics / statistical modeling, 3) optimization / operations research, 4) uncertainty quantification
- 1-2 years of experience in data analytics, including the development of data-driven predictive models and AI algorithms and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, R, Power BI).
- Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
- Proficiency with at least two of the following languages: Python, Java, R, Matlab, C/C++/C# and/or Scala
- Fluency with SQL
- Familiarity with various computing infrastructures
- Working knowledge of glass manufacturing processes and/or vacuum coating
- Familiarity with Chemical Process Engineering principles
- Experience with Trans-SQL
- Experience with command-line scripting
- Experience in data structures
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience in image processing
- Experience with big data and cloud solutions (e.g., Hadoop, Snowflake, Amazon SageMaker and/or SAS).
The position will require travel in the range of 20%.LOCATION:
This position will be based in Ann Arbor Michigan at Guardian’s Science and Technology Center.What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf