the AWS People Analytics team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join organization who will help develop a vision with multiple engineers in the People Analytics team from day one.
Data Engineers within AWS People Experience and Technology (PXT) are trusted architects and gatekeepers of HR and Talent Acquisition information. We will never solve the same problem twice and data engineers on this team ensure that the systems can facilitate secure, repeatable, consistent experiments which will provide the right answer today and years from now.
If you are someone who likes to work at the intersection of business and tech, roll up your sleeves and dive headfirst into data all while challenging the status quo and breaking convention, then come join the team as the Data Engineer in the AWS People Analytics organization!
Key job responsibilities
- Designing and building scalable systems from day one.
- Gather and understand data requirements, work in the team to achieve high quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data, transform the data.
- Modeling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Earn the trust of your customers by continuing to constantly obsess over their needs and helping them solve their problems by leveraging technology.
- Collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists and business intelligence engineers within AWS People Analytics to build data solutions to ensure we support our employees and customers worldwide.
This role can be based within 100 miles of any US AWS Corporate location (i.e. Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA, New York, NY, Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Austin, TX, Cupertino, CA, Palo Alto, CA, etc).
About the team
The AWS People Analytics organization is the curators of people data for the industry leaders in cloud computing and are responsible for providing the right metrics and insights to help the business develop its employees and scale its workforce. With AWS being a pioneer in the cloud computing industry, we get to answer challenging questions that have never been encountered before. The work we do enables leaders to make industry-shaking decisions based upon insights we must generate. We also have a great responsibility to treat this data as sacred and be best in class with our data security principles.
- Master’s Degree in technical or engineering field
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in Scala/Spark/Hadoop
- Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Glue, Redshift, EMR, S3, EC2, Lambda will be used regularly in this role
- Experience as a leader/mentor of data analytics resources
- Experience documenting technical/data systems for technical and business leaders
- Experience working with data scientists on research and machine learning problems
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $132K - $178K yearly, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The base pay range for this position in Jersey City is $145K - $196K yearly; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.