Seeking seasoned software and devops professionals who have evolved into roles in ML Engineering and ML Ops in recent career years.
Embrace the incredible opportunities that lie within Mimecast, where innovation and impact converge. The cybersecurity industry is experiencing exponential growth, and by joining us, you'll be at the forefront of this ever-evolving landscape. The field is rapidly changing, as threat actors employ AI to scale up phishing and social engineering operations. You'll have the chance to enable the development and deployment of cutting-edge AI, empowering you to thwart these cyber villains and safeguard businesses and individuals alike. As a company that is well-established and committed to growth, we are actively expanding our ML teams with multiple open roles across various levels and skillsets. Join us on this exhilarating journey, where you'll shape the future of cyber security by helping productionize large-scale groundbreaking AI models that push the boundaries of innovation and make an indelible impact in protecting our digital world.
What You Will Do
- Design and own end-to-end ML platforms that enable ML Applied Scientists with model and feature pipeline development, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Responsible for productionizing ML models that serve Billions of requests per day while balancing latency and peak throughput requirements with cost-effectiveness.
- Collaboration is a key factor of success. You will work across a variety of disparate, internal teams (both geographically and in skillset), quickly and proactively establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Be responsible and trusted to attend key meetings with relevant stakeholders and communicate the outcome of these meetings effectively with the Mimecast Labs, Engineering, and Product leadership, as necessary.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team, champion best practices and introduce new ideas and concepts.
What We Are Looking For
- 7+ years of experience working in software development / ops or data engineering, with 2+ years working in ML engineering operations.
- Must have strong experience with AWS and be able to leverage their services effectively.
- Must be familiar with sound ops system design principles, especially ML Ops.
- Must be familiar with ML platforms (preferably, AWS Sagemaker) for setup, deployment, and monitoring.
- Strong prior experience in deploying large-scale and real-time data/feature computation pipelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Curiosity and a strong growth mindset with a demonstrable history of learning quickly in a loosely structured, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other quantitative fields, or equivalent industry experience.
We’re fast thinking. We go big to reach our cyberattack-disrupting goals. And we do what we need to protect the world of business from getting important (and potentially compromising) data stolen. We never leave anyone behind. We deliver quickly – and outstandingly. We’re big on honesty because it makes us better. We’re empowered by our mission. And if cybercriminals have a good day, we work twice as hard to make the rest of their days a nightmare. That’s The Mimecast Way.
And the Mimecast way is also a hybrid-working way. We empower our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team, and our stakeholders.
Become a Mimecaster and put corporate data under your protection. Fill our teams with respect. And bring cybercrime-obstructing energy to your work. Be passionate. Be powerful. Be alive with purpose.
Cybersecurity is a community effort. That’s why we’re committed to building an inclusive, diverse community that celebrates and welcomes everyone – unless they’re a cybercriminal, of course.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and we’d encourage you to join us whatever your background. We particularly welcome applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We consider everyone equally: your race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, marital status, nationality, or any other protected characteristic won’t affect your application.
Due to certain obligations to our customers, an offer of employment will be subject to your successful completion of applicable background checks, conducted in accordance with local law.