Zendesk’s people have one goal in mind: to make Customer Experience better. Our products help more than 125,000 global brands (AirBnb, Uber, JetBrains, Slack, among others) make their billions of customers happy, every day.
Our team is responsible for helping Customer Experience teams to achieve their best, by intelligently solving repetitive work, so they can shift their focus to solving more sophisticated problems. We use the latest trends in Machine Learning and AI algorithms to help us on that mission, and we're passionate about empowering our customers.
As a Senior ML Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing products in collaboration with our ML Scientists and other ML engineers, and delivering high-quality ML and AI products to our customers, at a scale that most companies only dream of.
What you get to do every day
- Write clean and maintainable code to support the team’s delivery commitments
- Work closely with engineers and applied scientists to tackle hard problems Zendesk customers face, using ML technology
- Actively contribute to discussions about technical design and standard methodology
- Investigate and resolve production issues
- Champion initiatives to improve the scalability and robustness of our platforms
What you bring to the role
- Proficiency in our core language: Python. Experience in Scala, and Java is a bonus, too!
- A discernible passion for data engineering: especially around large-scale data processing
- Exposure to AWS infrastructure is an advantage
- A self-managed and dedicated approach with the ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving capabilities as well as the flexibility (of working style) to deal with changing and conflicting priorities
- Experience building scalable and stable software applications
- Willingness to learn and improve
What our tech stack looks like
- Our code is written in Python, Ruby, Scala, and Java
- Our servers live in AWS
- Our machine learning models rely on PyTorch and Tensorflow
- Our ML pipelines use AWS Batch and EMR
- Our data is stored in S3, RDS MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, and Aurora
- Our services are deployed to Kubernetes using Docker, and use Kafka for stream-processing
What we offer
- Ownership of the product features implementation you work on
- What you will be doing will have a huge impact
- Team of passionate people who love what they do!
- Exciting features, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements
- Opportunity to learn and grow!
- Possibility to specialise in areas like security, performance and reliability
- and everything you need to be effective and maintain work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development funds
- Comfortable office and a remote setup
- Premium Medical Insurance as well as Private Life Assurance
The Intelligent Heart Of Customer Experience
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 5,000 employees worldwide are collaborating from kitchen tables, home offices, coworking spaces, and Zendesk workspaces to make one team.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.