- 5+ years of experience with various Databases, Big Data Frameworks, ETL and data analysis tools
- Proficiency in any programming language; preferably Python or Java.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and of relational database systems and concepts
- Expert knowledge of Data Modelling for OLAP databases and large scale distributed data platforms
- Experience with ETL pipeline tools and code version control systems like Git
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
HR Solutions vision is to accelerate the evolution of HR Tech and BI capabilities across Amazon. We seek to bring net-new, strategic projects to life by working together with customers and evolving opportunities from concept to reality. To do so, we deploy our resources towards proofs-of-concept and pilot programs and develop them from high-level ideas to tangible results that provide validating signal and a path to scale. We work with our customers to develop and create net-new opportunities by relentlessly canvasing all of Amazon and finding new and innovative ways to strengthen and/or accelerate the Associate Experience.
As a Data Engineer you will be working with multiple businesses and geographies and strive to be at the cutting-edge of business and technical innovation. We interact with world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments using latest set of toolsets. You should know how to design and setup the right architecture to support various data use cases, including business reporting and production data pipeline. You will help our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) team, a team with a remit to help the HR org save millions of dollars by removing people from the process.
The role offers a unique opportunity to build a new set of analytical experiences from the ground up. You should be highly analytical, have excellent communication skills, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, Firehose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
- Proficiency with Apache Spark / Elastic Map Reduce and with a general purpose programing language like Python, Java or Scala
- Experience building large-scale, high-throughput, 24x7 data systems
- Strong attention to detail and desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures like Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Beam
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.