TechSur Solutions is a digital services company whose mission is to enable digital transformation for our customers with no impact to quality and efficiency. TechSur specializes in advanced cloud services, modernization for both IT structures and applications, leveraging Agile development and Data Analytics. We support multiple impactful and exciting government programs.
We are currently seeking a Lead Data Scientist to contribute to an exciting federal project to create, transform, and modernize applications and data platforms. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow qualified candidates to further develop their skills and expand their area of expertise!
Job Description: Lead Data Scientist
TechSur is seeking an agile senior data scientist to serve as the data science leader for the team. This is a high-impact role that bridges science to customer-facing products and solutions. In this role, you will dive deep into raw sources of information to get the most out of the data we have. You will be forming hypotheses, analyzing data using statistical methods, building predictive models, and generating recommendations to address effectiveness of case management process and administration of government benefit program.
This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, an analytical mindset, expert knowledge of building algorithms, customer-facing products, and data visualizations. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse customer groups to solve business problems and provide data solutions that are organized and simple to understand. A highly driven candidate with optimism, customer obsession and ownership would be an ideal fit for the team.
- Prepare data science business cases while working with domain experts and customers. Support defining the AI strategy within a federal government agency.
- Serve as the data science expert for a government program of national impact.
- Serve as the expert for translating research and data insights into intuitive and scalable customer-facing solutions/ products using innovative technology.
- Translate problems into specific analytical questions and form hypotheses that can be answered with available data using statistical methods or identify additional data needed in the master datasets to fill any gaps.
- Build data pipelines and efficient processes for the science team to automate ingestion of large datasets at scale.
- Perform hands-on data analyses and modeling with huge datasets to develop insights and recommendations.
- Build mechanisms and metrics for impact measurement, automate processes to learn from the pilots, reiterate and refine the product, and launch at scale.
- Demonstrate leadership and ownership in looking around corners to develop new, intuitive data-driven products/solutions for the customer.
- Evaluate data-driven products/solutions to provide bottom line value, ROI, and incremental improvements over time.
- Communicate and influence senior management decision making with innovative data science models/ techniques/ products.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related scientific, technical, or engineering field
- 5+ Years of experience in data science/analysis/engineering
- 3+ Years of experience applying Statistics/Data Science/Machine Learning
- 3+ Years of Scripting experience in Python/R or other scripting languages
- 2+ Years of SQL experience
- Experience using SQL and extracting data without relying upon others
- 2+ Years of experience in Data Visualization using AWS Quicksight, Tableau, R Shiny, other off the shelf products, or scripting directly
- Proven written and verbal communication skills to convey complex subject matter to key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Experience showing thinking big and bias for action; comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems.
US Citizenship is required due to federal government project requirements.