Data Engineering Consultant
Gather, engineer and prepare data for consumers to enable smarter decision making. Use a broad set of data curation and analytical tools and techniques to enable development of quantitative and qualitative business insights. Working with partners as necessary, integrate systems and data quickly and effectively, regardless of technical challenges or business environments.
Talent Segment: Analytics and Insights
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
Digital Data Engineering
- Drive the design and implementation of models and systems to harness the power of data and analytics that can be used to drive decision making
- Develops large scale business intelligence/data strategy for clients to achieve long range goals
- May lead a team that uses quantitative methods to derive actionable insights and outcomes from data
- Integrate large and complex systems and data effectively and efficiently
- Build systems and solutions to extract data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Use quantitative methods to derive actionable insights and outcomes from data
- Develop forecasts, statistical models, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses to drive marketing and merchandising efforts around customer acquisition and conversion
Opportunity Identification and insight
- Identify opportunities to develop forecasts, statistical models, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses to drive marketing and merchandising efforts around customer acquisition and conversion
- Create new insights and help clients understand them from predictive statistical modeling activities that target and deliver business values
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Requires guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact
Risk or consequences in the event of failure, as indicated by range of expected impact, such as within a team or across a team or area of responsibility and level of risk
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside
Degree of accountability for assigned tasks, our clients and/or the organization, as indicated by size of work effort and scale of entity and/or program
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
and Proficiency Expectations
Below are the skills and minimum levels of proficiency (or depth of skill) that employees in this role are expected to possess. Adaptations to these criteria apply in some countries.
Skill Name Expected Proficiency Level
Artificial Intelligence P2 – Intermediate
BI Strategy No Proficiency
Data Governance No Proficiency
Machine Learning P2 - Intermediate
Salary range for this role: $119,000 - $145,000
Hear from some of the Tech Advisory team by watching this short clip
Click here - Unleash your passion for tech with a career with Accenture - YouTube
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Learn how Accenture protects your personal data and know your rights in relation to your personal data. Read more about our Privacy Statement.