At Manuchar we like to MoveIT! From 2022 and onwards, we want to go to the next level in unlocking the value of our data and will be replacing our core systems and removing future barriers. Do you want to be a crucial part of our journey towards that goal?
As Data Engineer you have a key role in the extraction of information from the data available within Manuchar. You are responsible for gathering, organizing and maintaining the data(flows) for our data platform, according to the set architecture by which the data will be processed and stored. By doing so, you make sure that our data users can access the needed data to extract useful information.
Your main responsibilities are:
- designing, building, maintaining, and growing our state-of-the-art cloud data platform
- designing the framework according to which the data can be gathered, stored, prepared and visualized by the data users (= focus of the data architect)
- performing the technical analysis & solution design for projects and requests assigned to the BI Team
- locating, managing and merging multiple data sources and thus ensuring the consistency of the datasets
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree combined with 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Data Engineer or Data Architect.
- You have (a sound) knowledge of:
- Microsoft SQL server
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Powershell, Python, MS Excel (PowerPivot)
- Azure Data platform (Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Parquet Files, Data Lake Storage v2, ...)
- Azure DevOps (boards & CICD Pipelines)
- GIT Integration
- Dimensional modelling (according to Kimball)
- You are a teamplayer but at the same time independent and feel comfortable working in a cross-functional team.
- You are hands-on with a ‘can do attitude’.
- You are flexible and pay attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch/Spanish/Portuguese is a plus.
A multinational of Belgian origin
Manuchar, headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium is a leading distributor of chemicals in emerging markets. We complement our Chemical Distribution business with International Trade Services in steel, polymers and several other raw materials.
In 2022 we handled 4 million metric tons of goods, generating 2.8 billion USD in sales. Our local operations are in over 35 countries and 160 locations. Manuchar employs 2,600 professionals worldwide.
At Manuchar We keep your production running. Anytime. Anywhere.”
Manuchar offers you
- a job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment
- cooperation with motivated & skilled colleagues in an open company culture
- an attractive remuneration package including fringe benefits
- a nice workspace where you can fully develop your talents
If you want to take up the challenge and join an international fast-growing team of dynamic colleagues, please send your application letter and detailed CV through our online tool CvWarehouse.