Who we are
Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) is a global, multidisciplinary research, analytics, and data consultancy with a distinctly human mission. We use data and intelligence to help businesses and organizations build trusting relationships with people: making communications more authentic, engagement more exciting, and connections more meaningful.
DxI brings together and integrates the necessary people-based PR, communications, social, research, and exogenous data, as well as the technology infrastructure to create, collect, store, and manage first-party data and identity resolution. DxI is comprised of over 350 research specialists, business scientists, data engineers, behavioral and machine-learning experts, and data strategy consultants based in 15 markets around the world.
We are looking for a technically focussed Lead Data Scientist to oversee Data Science Projects and a team of 1 to 2 data scientists in Singapore. This role will report to the Director of Data Science.
DxI has an innovation and research-driven culture at its core. On the technical side, you will contribute to the research and development of exciting and technical ML problems. Reading and implementing technical papers is part of the day-to-day job. Most of these problems will be based on Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Computer Vision (CV), as these are two of our most important areas within the communication space. We are looking for someone who is genuinely excited about the field of data science and is driven by continuous learning and self-development.
On the leadership side, you will be the direct line manager for 1 to 2 data scientists and be responsible for their professional development and code reviews. You will also collaborate with other teams and business partners to scope and create impactful ML products for Edelman and our clients.
- Scope, Research, Develop and Deploy Data Science projects end to end. This will include:
- Business problem definition
- Data Strategy (Sourcing/Structure/Hosting)
- Literature reviews
- Algorithm Selection / Methodology testing
- Engineering solutions to a production code level
- Communicating these projects to clients/stakeholders in a way that delivers maximum impact against objectives
- Direct line manager of 1-2x Data Scientists
- Collaborate with experts, including psychometricians, behavioural scientists, data engineers, and digital/marketing professionals, to scope, pitch, land, and deliver projects
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of Data Science for the APAC region
- Significantly contribute to innovation and R&D across DxI
- A Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Strong production level Python programming knowledge
- Strong Deep Learning Experience in either NLP or CV:
- Proficient in either PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Knowledge of various neural net architectures such as Transformers, Attention, LSTM, RNN, CNN, Autoencoder, etc
- Familiar with various data cleansing and augmentation techniques
- Deep Learning Language Models
- Transfer learning with pre-trained Transformer Models (BERT, GPT, etc.) or CNN Models (ResNet, EfficientNet, etc.)
- Strong Applied Machine Learning Experience, including but not limited to:
- Data preparation and feature engineering techniques
- Knowledge of the various ML algorithms for regression, classification, clustering, factorization, ensembling, etc.
- Knowledge of model experimentation and selection tools provided by popular frameworks such as sklearn, xgboost, catboost, pycaret, tpot, etc.
- Hyperparameter optimization methods
- Experience in cloud-based deployment frameworks (AWS or GCP based) is a plus
- Data Engineering experience is a plus: Enterprise databases, datalakes, data pipelines, Apache Spark
- Comfortable reading technical papers and working with their open-source code implementations.
- 3+ years’ experience of applying Data Science to real-world problems
- Proven track record of delivering high impact projects for clients using data science
- Strong Communication skills of converting technical concepts to business solutions
- Innovative and collaborative
- Strong project management skills of technical projects ideally using agile project management tools such as JIRA
- Prior team leadership experience is a plus