Data Analyst/EngineerAbout the Job
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices and growing quickly. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the market leader.
We are looking for a data analyst/engineer who has a strong motivation and passion to work with data and deliver meaningful insights to the rest of the organization.
Under the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for maintaining and managing our data warehouse solution, creating complex SQL queries to meet the data requirements of the Business Intelligence (BI) group and creating visualizations within our existing BI tools.What you’ll do day-to-day:
The ideal candidate:
- Work directly with the BI manager to identify data needs and requirements for the entire organization
- Create complex SQL queries to help enhance our state-of-the industry ETL pipelin
- Identify data gaps between the business requirements and the data warehouse, and use our current data to fill-in those gaps
- Work with dbt (data-build-tool) for all data transformations
- Ensure the security of the data both within the data warehouse environment and the BI visualization tools
- Experience with GitHub
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- Ability and passion to extract values out of raw data
- Experience with writing large and complex SQL queries for both small and large datasets
- Experience with building BI visualizations using various tools such as Tableau, Periscope and others
- Knowledge of scripting languages including but not limited to Python and Ruby
- Experience administering, managing and maintaining data warehouse solutions, such as Snowflake
- Knowledge of the ETL process and experience with data transformation tools
- Experience in data quality management - data validation, testing, and cleansing.
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice
” or “us
” or “we
” or “our
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).