Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
It’s an opportunity you simply don’t want to miss. You can expect our investment in you to include a highly competitive package, career and development opportunities and flexible benefits built around you and your lifestyle.
The Data Analyst (Internal auditor) will support the CAO in providing objective assurance around the effectiveness of the organisation’s governance, risk and systems of internal control to Executive Management, Board and Audit Committee.
- Setting up and performing data analysis of the Group's key operational processes.
- Work alongside colleagues in delivering a portfolio of data analytics assignments in support of the annual audit plan.
- Deliver continuous monitoring through automated audit processes.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and data analytics in an internal audit context.
- Supporting audits as assigned in the Internal Audit Plan. The audits will be varied and will encompass reviews of primarily data analytics along with business operational processes, regulatory compliance, capital adequacy, governance, risk and IT.
- Internal Audit planning, scoping and fieldwork.
- Completing Internal Audit work programmes in accordance with the Internal Audit methodology.
- Communicating internal audit findings confidently and articulately to senior colleagues within the business.
- Writing internal audit reports for the Audit Committee, Board and Group senior management.
- Preparing quarterly departmental reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Develop team’s data analytics capabilities and provide support and coaching, as required
The (Data Analyst) Internal Auditor should have the following background and skills:
- Strong analytical mindset with a deep knowledge of data analytics / analytical background (either experience or qualifications).
- Ideally the role-holder will have experience of using data analytics to support Internal Audit or similar control function.
- Knowledge of developing data science techniques including AI and machine learning
- Internal Audit, External Audit or Risk regulation either in practice, regulated firm or industry.
- Strong report writing skills and communication skills.
- Highly numerate with degree level capability (degree preferable but not mandatory)
- Personable, highly motivated and a confident self-starter.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila’s Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer’s renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila’s Wheels Travel Insurance
- Discretional annual bonus
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we want to emphasise to all applicants that the safety and wellbeing of our candidates and colleagues is esure Group’s number one priority. All interviews will be conducted remotely via a video conference platform to ensure that everyone involved is adhering to the social distancing guidance.