Role: Senior Data Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Fulltime (permanent contract)
Language: Dutch and English
As a Senior Data engineer, you easily translate customer needs and figure out the best path to exceed expectations. You don’t think in boxes, today you are the Engineer. Tomorrow you are the Architect and next week you develop the Product Roadmap. You know the people close to you that have the deep knowledge and experience to help you out with the details. You relentlessly focus on the outcome and will move mountains to get there. Ain't no mountain high enough!
Our client does more than just Data & AI. He revolutionizes businesses through digital simplicity in Data & AI and lead with Databricks as their preferred partner to deliver first-class data-driven solutions. Our client’s company is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. They look for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. The culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The client seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries who are insatiably curious and willing to help wherever is needed. They seek those who naturally press an organization to think about new ideas and to try new approaches. Join the Revolution!
What you will work on:
· Work as part of a highly talented, digital-native team to develop revolutionary Data & AI solutions with DataBricks.
· Be the Data & AI champion to drive detailed execution on time and under budget. Be data-driven to iterate and evolve our roadmaps.
· Be the Data & AI champion and share your knowledge with the community (public speaking, blogging, video tutorials, etc.).
· You will build highly scalable, performant, and reliable solutions that are forward-thinking in Data and AI and that benefit directly from the work you do.
· Deliver quality solutions that provide the best user experience and make our customers happy.
· Be a member of the team to continuously raise the performance and overall culture of the broader teams within the client.
· Help us build a high-performing organization that continuously delivers digital experiences that scale and transform our customers' business.
What you bring:
· Demonstrated strong technical, analytics skills to work with programming languages (Python, Scala and SQL) for working on large data
· Software development experience designing, developing, and testing complex, high-volume, high-availability Python, Java and/or Scala solutions.
· Exposure to RESTful APIs to enable real-time data consumption
· Exposure to Big Data streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
· Exposure to NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
· Exposure to Cloud Data Warehouses like Snowflake
· Exposure to simulation, optimization, and what-if scenario planning models.
Are you interested? Do you want to know more? Don’t hesitate and contact Razak Oliver from SGI.