Are you an analytically-minded self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment? If so, Mariner Finance has a unique opportunity to join our Risk Department as a Senior Data Scientist. This position is located at our Headquarters in White Marsh, MD. The Senior Data Scientist will support and assist the Risk Department in driving strategy through create and development of risk scoring models, perform risk analysis studies, and compile findings in reports for senior management.
Become a part of a growing & dynamic company and join a Risk team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth! We would love to hear from you!
- Uses advanced modeling and statistical techniques, and tools such as SAS and R, develop and maintain credit risk, pricing, and fraud models and analytical strategies that will optimize lending decisions across channels.
- Conducts evaluation of new statistical approaches and enhanced segmentation to optimize approval and advance assignment strategies.
- Studies new data sources for additional lift to credit decisions; provides recommendations as to cost/benefit analyses of new data sources.
- Designs tests and champion/challenger strategies to continuously evaluate new opportunities to improve volume/credit risk trade-offs.
- Supports the business by conducting ad-hoc portfolio analyses and developing recommendations aimed and improving portfolio credit performance and profitability.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and chronology of scores and underwriting strategies.
- Updates executive team on the impact of new scores and strategies on the company’s performance.
- Represents Risk department in cross-functional projects and partner across the organization to execute on key business priorities.
- Evaluates, Recommends, and Champions new modeling tools, techniques, and approaches.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field of study (statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, etc.) with strong academic record.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience developing models in R, Python or SAS required.
- Advanced abilities to handle large datasets; SAS/Python programming experience is a plus.
- Experience in financial services is preferred but not required.
- Power user of Excel (pivots, advance formulas, macros).
- Self-starter with exceptional work ethic, motivation and desire to learn.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to translate plans into actions.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended period; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
As a team member of Mariner Finance you will enjoy a robust benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to employee satisfaction:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurances
- 401k Match
- Paid Time-Off
- Education Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
Mariner Finance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental handicap, covered veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.