nCino offers exciting career opportunities for individuals who want to join the worldwide leader in cloud banking.
Are you a highly motivated problem solver looking for a challenge? Do you want to make a significant impact on complex banking problems and be a driving force in the AI revolution in banking? Then look no further! Our Data & AI team is seeking a Data Scientist to join us in building intelligent automation and insights into our products.
As a Data Scientist, you will collaborate with stakeholders to identify business challenges and opportunities, analyze complex datasets, extract meaningful insights, and develop data driven solutions. Your passion and expertise in data analysis, statistics, and machine learning will be instrumental in driving data-driven products and services across the banking industry.Responsibilities
- Works independently to lead smaller-scale projects or sub-projects within larger initiatives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, define objectives, and communicate results for data driven products.
- Contributes to internal knowledge-sharing initiatives including developing internal trainings on methodologies and programming best practices.
- Develops machine learning models with expertise in visualization and storytelling with data.
- Identify and prepare data sources by performing exploratory data analysis, cleaning data, and pre-processing.
- Analyze large amounts of data to discover trends and patterns.
- Research, create, and apply machine learning/statistical solutions.
- Work with colleagues to deploy and monitor solutions in order to detect data drift, model drift, measure performance, etc.
- Stays current with knowledge of the latest trends, technologies and developments in analytics and machine learning
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent related experience
- 2+ years of experience or a combination experience and education
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages commonly used in data science, such as Python or R and SQL.
- Basic understanding of the business domain
- Experience with advanced data manipulation, cleaning, and transformation techniques.
- Proficiency in developing machine learning models. Expertise in data visualization and storytelling with data.
- Experience with data visualization tools (DOMO, AWS Quicksight, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Experience with SQL or noSQL and database management systems
- Flexibility and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
- Experience developing and deploying models using Databricks and mlflow
- Experience with AWS tools and services, including Lambda, Sagemaker, S3, Athena, Quicksight.
- Experience with production code practices (unit testing, OOP, error handling, logging, contract testing, version control, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
nCino is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, nCino will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to inclusion and equality includes a strong belief that the diversity of our team is instrumental to our success. We strive to create workplaces where employees are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.