Corporate Data Analyst (Looker)
Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers “access to global financial services” with 5 lines of code.
The company was founded by serial finTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award winning companies like Evolution and Currency Cloud.
Since starting in 2016 in London the company has expanded across Europe, launched in Singapore and is currently extending capabilities in SE Asia, USA and Australia.
We are now scaling the company across Europe and SE Asia and looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank.
Building on the high growth and success that Railsbank has experienced, we have exciting plans to improve and expand our data platform to support both internal and customer-facing insights.
You will work closely with embedded analysts and senior stakeholders throughout the business, as well as other data analysts, data engineers and data scientists, to deliver high quality data models, dashboards and insights.
Who am I going to be working with?
- Mike is the team leader for corporate data analytics, who likes getting his hands on new tech and talking about all things data! Really enjoying his first move into fintech.
- Shibing, Luke and several other analysts embedded in business teams from Engineering and Finance to Customer Success
- Samy leads the data engineering team and is passionate about quality and will bring his relentless eye for detail, and Uncle Bob references, to your conversations and code reviews
- Sean set up the Railsbank data platform last year and wears interesting t-shirts to distract you from his PhD in quantum computing
- You will also work with data scientists, other members of Mike & Samy’s teams, and lots people throughout Railsbank who need data and insight
The Railsbank Data Platform is built on Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, Looker and databricks to deliver robust, accurate and timely data where it’s needed.
- Collaborate with teams across the business on projects to design and deliver valuable insights
- Follow robust data modelling practices to ensure we have a single source of truth
- Support embedded data analysts and data scientists to understand and use the corporate data model
- Follow the policies and procedures in the Information Security Management System (ISMS) to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the information that Railsbank manages
What we look for in your professional skills & key capabilities
- Degree educated, ideally in a mathematical, statistical or data science related subject or strong professional experience in this area
- Passion for making an impact for business through data
- Strong Experience with SQL with modern data warehouse (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Azure Synapse Analytics)
- Experience with BI Tools such as Looker (preferred), Tableau, Power BI - data modelling and creating dashboards
- Google Sheets / Microsoft Excel
- Great problem framing, problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Excellent communicator, presenter and knowledge sharer (with internal, external, technical, non-technical audiences)
- Someone who sets high standards for themselves and takes pride in their work
- Experience in a FinTech environment, understanding financial transactions in particular experience with card payment and processor data modelling
- Dbt and/or data modelling experience
- Fivetran, data engineering and ETL systems
- Python or R, pyspark, Databricks
- Version control tools (e.g. GitLab, GitHub) & workflow
- JIRA & agile methodology experience
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us.
The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusive, friendship, noble cause, and respect.
Equal Opportunities Employer: Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.