- A Bachelor’s Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience of leading large teams through planning, and prioritization on complex transformation initiatives while managing projects and major work streams simultaneously.
- Experience interacting with senior and C-level management to define targets business outcomes and identify gaps and opportunities in the business.
- Expertise in one or more functional programming languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience in deploying machine learning models into a productive environment (e.g. through the use of Docker)
- Knowledge of SparkML
- Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
- Knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with using data visualization tools
- Experience giving data presentations
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed
Excited about Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL)? Want to help the largest global enterprises derive business value through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Eager to learn from many different enterprises’ use cases of AWS ML and DL? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in Machine Learning for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s AI technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises build ML and DL models on the AWS Cloud. We are applying predictive technology to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers to address their business needs using AI and helping them move their ML/DL workloads into production.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. If you have experience with AI, including building ML or DL models, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into customer problems, develops and designs machine learning pipelines and deploys long-term ML solutions. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of AI. Major responsibilities include:
- Understand the customer's business requirements and guide them to a solution using our AWS AI Services
- Lead multiple projects with autonomy and discretion involving working with multiple customer and AWS teams.
- Owing delivery of business outcomes from beginning to end, including understanding business requirements, developing architecture, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying and automating completed model pipelines to deliver business impact to the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of common machine learning libraries like scikit-learn, XGBoost or CatBoost
- In-depth knowledge of common deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Caffe 2, Tensorflow, Theano, CNTK, and Keras.
- Knowledge of SparkML to help our customers build ML pipelines and models using distributed computing.
- Work closely with our Professional Services Big Data consultants to analyze, extract, normalize, and label relevant data.
- Work closely with our Professional Services DevOps consultants to help our customers operationalize models.
- Assist customers with identifying model drift and retraining models.
- A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 2+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
- Experience in programming languages such as Python and/or R
- Good skills with imperative programming languages such as Java or C/C++
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
- Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills